Thread: Cannot stream Netflix on WD TV Live Plus in Canada

Cannot stream Netflix on WD TV Live Plus in Canada

Recently I have bought WD TV Live Plus devoid of reading the well print. The extremely weird problem I have got with this is Live plus is not capable to work with Netflix within Canada. I don’t know why but I am asking is there any chance of firmware upgrade to fix this issue. My below graceful solution plug in an older PC into my home theatre VGA link HD resolution. What do you say about that?

Re: Cannot stream Netflix on WD TV Live Plus in Canada

Personally I do not have netflix but I had a 75-foot HDMI cable between my computer and my TV. It works very well, I do not know if it is a solution for you. A lot cheaper than a HTPC, a more versatile style Western Digital media player or Apple TV and more reliable than a solution that involves the Wifi. I control my movies on my cell phone via wifi, so no need to go to the computer. But I guess if a kit keyboard / mouse wireless could also work if it is not too far.

As far as I know that the long reserved for the U.S., the service called Netflix only arrived for PS3 officially in Canada. Now Canadians will be charged the sum of $ 7.99 per month to be able to use this service. They will then be able to download an application on their console to directly access the streaming without the need for a CD. For now all movies are in English, but some films in French should not take long to emerge if we are to believe the director of Netflix.

Netflix is well known in the United States as one of the largest offerings in multimedia streaming, and not only. The company, through a specific case or compatible device, streaming movies and series, as well as DVD rentals and Blu-ray received and returned by mail. The company decided to expand its operations in Canada and hopes to meet the same success.

The cheapest is a WDTV Live Plus. This is down $ 100 and is convenient, you can use Netflix Canada (more devices support Netflix Netflix USA but Canada is quite rare) and you can watch mkv, xvid (the X360 and PS3 are really not ideal for this, they must transcode the mkv and you lose the quality and features) etc. in 1080p. As against this will take you over a network ideally. Regardless of the device (WDTV, X360, PS3, AppleTV), for the 1080p with a reasonable bitrate the wireless is never recommended, it'll create problems.

This success, Netflix owes not only offers a rich, but at rates quite reasonable. For about 10 dollars a month, a user of the United States has the right to stream the entire library as well as a number of wafers each month. In its Canadian version, however, the offer will be less interesting from a perspective available. The best thing to do is to have a computer on your TV plugger and you launch Windows Media Center plugin with Netflix, and your wireless keyboard mouse to use as remote for media.

While residents of the United States of bubbles increases Netflix pricing, our neighbors in Canada are upset by the competition package Film Club Shaw Cable offer. The service for $ 12 a month provides unlimited access to "hundreds of Hollywood's best moves," and plans to have high definition feed later this summer for an additional $ 5 causing the problem are promises that "the only limit is the number of hours of your day" with the difference of the maximum bandwidth streaming services like Netflix anonymous.

Great article. For those who live outside US like me, you can access Netflix, Hulu and similar media stations on your WD TV by using UnoTelly or similar tools.