Thread: firefox 4.0.1 shows address on status bar also

firefox 4.0.1 shows address on status bar also

Hi, I have currently installed a firefox 4.0.1 browser in my machine and really it is too cool for browsing really. But the thing that makes me confused rather annoy is like I always see the whole address on the link I put the mouse pointer. Along with the address bar the address is shown in the status bar as well, so is there any way to block this? if yes the I would be glad if some one help me with this, as I want to completely remove It from there. Thanks.

re: firefox 4.0.1 shows address on status bar also

That’s coolest feature I would say, what’s the problem in that, as you can simply check the address of the link without visiting that website. But if you have already decided to remove it, so let me tell you that this is the feature provided by the them only, this is not the add-on or the plugging that you can remove from the browser, so let me tell you that it will be there only till you close the browser.

I am not sure how to remove the address from being displayed on the status bar, in fact I have tried to remove it many times, but didn’t got the answers, as the firefox’s own site doesn’t have solution to this, and after all you can have solution for the difficulties only not for the features, and after all as the above user mentioned it is the feature provided by themselves you can’t do it.

No as far as I know there is a way of hiding it. I have done this with my browser, and really you would be also amaze after seeing the trick, but let me tell you that there isn’t any trick through which you can completely remove it from the browser rather you can have option to hide it, and for that you need to click on the view menu form the menu bar and then there would be option listed for the status bar and you have to un select it for removing the status bar from the bottom.

Re: firefox 4.0.1 shows address on status bar also

Hey thanks for the suggestion, and I would say I want to do the same thing, as I have miswritten actually as removing, as I also know that we can’t remove the things which is actually provided by them only. but i was about to hide only. So thanks for that only, I have searched the internet but didn’t found any such option. And will you please let me know which are other option that we can hide the same way?