Thread: firefox 4 randomly loses cookies

firefox 4 randomly loses cookies

Hi I uses to use the firefox as my prior browser for surfing the internet but I have been having this difficulty since I advanced from Firefox 3 to Firefox 4. Each of my e-mail and website logins, Google search settings, etc. gets reset and I assume that it is because of the browser that I am using and to prevent me from using those thing this is happening. but still as I checked the settings also it is marked for "Remember history". This never happened in Firefox 3, and I am not getting what is the actual problem any idea?

Re: firefox 4 randomly loses cookies

I think the browser that you are using is not perfectly installed, I mean to say that the setup might have corrupted and because of that only this is happening, so according to me you should try to install it again in your machine. And if it is possible don’t install the setup that you have already rather you can download the setup from the internet and then install it, and as far as I know there is new version as well called firefox beta 6, you can use that also.

It might be possible that the another person apart from you may have deleted the cookies, or the person everyday deletes the cookies and the history as well, so first of all make sure that there isn’t anyone who is actually doing this. or it might be possible that it could be deleted because of some antivirus programs as well. some of the programs are designed to work in this way, I mean to say they always delete the history and the cookies.

Have you installed any such spy software’s such as SpyBot Search and Destroy, or any other tool, because this software actually deletes temporary files and along with that it deleted this cookies and histories as well. so if you have installed any such programs I would like to suggest you that you should uninstall them in order to keep the cookies in your machine, or it may consistently delete the cookies from the machine.

I would like to recommend you that you should try to figure out whether you have made perfect settings or, though you know that I would say you should check whether you have marked that option or not for remembering the cookies, and if suppose you haven’t done that you should do that but if you have already done that then you can have option to uninstall the firefox 4 and install any other suitable version or may be change the browser that you are using, there are too many browser from where you can choose.