Thread: How to revert back to Firefox 5 from Firefox 6.0 Beta

How to revert back to Firefox 5 from Firefox 6.0 Beta

Yesterday I have downloaded and installed the Mozilla Firefox 6 Beta and a number of plugins. I thought that it could be a better browser and may be better that earlier version of Firefox that is v5.0 but I was wrong. The functionalities as well as websites i frequently employ don´t work with this edition. So is there any way to revert back to Firefox 5 devoid of losing my boookmarks as well as preferences information?

Re: How to revert back to Firefox 5 from Firefox 6.0 Beta

I am not familiar with how to do it in Windows OS because I use Ubuntu. The choice of Firefox as the default browser in Ubuntu has provoked much discussion. Especially for the fact that Hardy is supported in the long term. Of course, the new version of Firefox has many positives, but for now, not yet a final version, may be limited compared to the previous year. It is primarily the absence of many themes and extensions more to regret. The release of new version of Ubuntu, has represented for many a forced passage of the new version of the familiar Web browser. If you are still you want to be with older version of Firefox, well, Ubuntu is really a matter of seconds.

If you set off toward the Beta release notes summon, and click the Uninstall tab, you will come across a bit of text. By default, eliminating Firefox Beta won’t get rid of your bookmarks, web history, extensions otherwise additional add-ons. This information is stored within your profile folder, which can be established in Help menu and choosing Troubleshooting Information.... The button after that to the Profile Directory line within Application Basics will unlock your profile folder within your system's file explorer.

I am afraid that there is no other way other than going to control panel and uninstall and then install the firefox 5. I do not think there is a direct method for the downgrade, you must find an installer of FF5, and if it is not updated to make updates. I suggest you double check the website for add-ons because maybe there are those who do not work made for FF5. As for extension and bookmarks you can export them to some other folder or source and then import it later when you are downgraded.

In order to downgrade your browser:
    • First of all open Mozilla FTP Server within your browser.
    • Open most up-to-date Firefox edition folder
    • Open “Win32” folder and more unlock “en-US“ folder.
    • Download Firefox setup plus install within your PC, you’ll be routinely downgraded toward Firefox 5.x. x version.

The bookmarks are stored in the profile folder. Then delete the times and not just uninstall Firefox 6.0 and install the Firefox 5 times again. If necessary, you can even save the profile folder before, but usually will not be deleted when you uninstall. If you uninstall Firefox 6 beta, do not choose the choice to "Remove my Firefox personal data" since that will get rid of each and every one Firefox user data for example bookmarks as well as passwords utilized by each and every one version of Firefox.