Thread: How does SMF forum software helps?

How does SMF forum software helps?

Hello friends I have been hearing a lot about SMF forum software, I want your help to know about it how is it does it actually work would it be a good choice if I use it? Please help me out? Any suggestion over it would be really appreciated I would like a good discussion over it that can tell me any things about it because I want to use it and also if there is any other software than please tell me?

Re: How does SMF forum software helps?

PHPBB is great. I have used it for a couple of years and have some really cool mods. Best of all, it's free and so are the mods, but some people are now selling mods for phpbb it. You can even generate search engine friendly url, if phpbbseo.com install mods, I almost vbulletin change more in one spot until I found the mods SEO friendly, I haven’t actually used the SMF that’s why can’t say much about it bus I have been using PHPBB and you have asked for any other forum software also so I have been stating my view.

I would like to share up my personal experience about the forum software so when I originally started with the forum software I've used phpbb, it was good to begin with, I then tried to smf which is not bad is better than phpbb, however, I have migrated to MyBB, after a shakey start I am a big fan now. The software is fairly new, so no mods until you get into phpbb or vbulletin, but there is an active and mods are being released daily. In answer to your question I would look at MyBB.

Well guys I have been using joomla from long time I have also used SMF and it is not bad though its just like which one you have been using and got use to if you start with it and get use to SMF then you would definitely like it. I think after the comparisons go with vbulletin, Seems that the best support and the reason I decided to base. Another user familiarity is the appearance of vbulletin sites, because that is what ordinary people recognize it when they see it and feel comfortable with it.

SMF 2.0 lets you edit the keywords meta admin center, but no way to have meta descriptions of topics, messages, and so by default you'd need to modify the forum to do this - there is a mod that adds this feature to time, but is long dead and has some security issues.I not expect to see many social networking features in a default installation, it is not something that everyone will use. There are plenty of mods to add social networking features though.

SMF has been really popular FORUM software because it has been using the PHP language and it uses the MySQL database, both of them is the best development tools and when it has been using these best software then I think you can know that it must be a very good software for sure. It has been nicely designed to provide you with the features you have been requiring from the bulletin board and I would suggest you go with this software and you would really don’t have any security problem too.

Yap I would be also asking you to move on with the SMF because it would be one of the best Forum software you would be ever finding out because it deals with the PHP language and MYSQL database so i think it is using already the best software of day today so this would be really the best option you can have ever so enjoy using it and i am sure you wont be looking back again once you get into with it, so i would be asking you to use it once and i am sure you would like it.

Ok guys i haven't been dealing with any software development applications and that's why i was asking thanks for your views and all and i have found out many stuffs over visual studios and all to and i feel like they are a great tool so i think as i have been planning to move on with the web development now so i should go with some application which are very good in real time so if i think i have to be a good developer than i need to get with some best software and which is more trusted in market.

The best stuff to use is earlier VBB versions,earlier IPB versions,phpbb,MyBB
    Last edited by Maqbool; 07-08-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: External Links removed