Thread: WebOS browser jumps to a 92/100 Acid3 score

WebOS browser jumps to a 92/100 Acid3 score

There is this test call the Acid3 Test, and it is designed to test a web browser’s compliance with web standards, with an emphasis placed on Document Object Model and JavaScript. When the developer has to be tested the webOS on this Acid3 test then it jump to the 92 out of 100. Not perfect, but when the Palm Pre first debuted, its Acid3 score was 1/100. I think this is lot of improvement. What do you think guess. Anny suggestion will be appreciate.

Re: WebOS browser jumps to a 92/100 Acid3 score

I also know that in the first few years of webOS, the browser scored a pitiful 1/100. Now, with webOS 1.4 out and about, the browser’s standards fulfillment has taken another step forward, scoring a 92/100. The score also vaults the webOS browser to the upper tier of mobile browser compliance. At the very least, the score is worlds better than before and far ahead of Internet Explorer. we have been in receipt of reports of improved performance and representation on all manner of sites as a result of this webOS.

Hey, I also find the browser performance much better in webOS 1.4 versions. Before with 1.3.5, I could see a graphic interface and now I get only a text page “WAP-like”. I always found the Android browser and webOS browsers to be pretty good. Previously failed versions of this webOS are now working without giving extra problem. With the update from webOS 1.3.1 webOS 1.4 is improved a lot and hence it will be score 92 out of 100.

Does anyone have an example of a poor-scoring browser having a trouble with actual content that a compliant browser doesn't have difficulty with? I haven't really collect what the practical benefit is of a browser scoring 100. There are some sites that now do work better, like the full FB site, but for the majority of websites it’s the same. This is the best that will be help to just improve the performance of this browser.

The BB Browser is only slightly less pathetic than Blazer. It means I pretty much use WAP sites on my BB browser and would rather look things up on my iPod Touch which scores 100/100. Safari both on OS X and on the iPhone/iTouch scores 100. I haven't attempt Safari on Windows. I should notice that acid3 lists BB browser as passing with over 90 percent. The webOS offers one of the better browsers available and hence it score better in this test.

Lots of improvements happen in webOS 1.4. It appears like I'm using the browser all day and actually notice the improvement. WebOS 1.4 web browser jumps to a 92/100 Acid3 score. The improvement of the quality is the main reason behind this. I was wondering about the results of Opera 9.7 browser. I think it will be also score better. This is the quality of the web browser and the test will be indicating its real performance.