Thread: No sound in WD TV Live after updating the firmware?

No sound in WD TV Live after updating the firmware?

Hello friends I have just got a new WD TV Live to replace the one was having before first gen WD TV and I have been a facing a problem with this from some time and the problem is I have updated my WD TV Live with the firmware to 1.05.04 and from that time I am not able to hear the sound from the mkv files with a DTS stream to my receiver and when I am changing the sound output to the stereo I get sound so I don’t know what is the problem and what should I do please suggest me something friend?

Re: No sound in WD TV Live after updating the firmware?

Hey friend I have faced this problem to once and I came over it easily when I updated my TV with the Firmware with the latest update my Sound stopped working so what I did was I just rolled backed the different firmware I mean the previous one which I had and that was I think 1.03.49 you can try out 1.04.22 and 1.04.31 I think this would help you a lot and then also try loading the default factory setting and I think this should help you out too because I t has worked for me.

Ok I think the above poster is correct these are the basic steps which you can try out to get your problems solved and I know that these steps do help until its really some driver or setting problem and if not helped by these steps I have some more two steps which would help you out of this at least and this is try the button of the reset on the side press that and reset the TV and check out if anything is helping you out these things have solve problem for many people I hope you would get it done to.

Well I think after trying these things your problem must have been solved because if it would have been a problem with your firmware or so then the problem must have solved definitely and if not I think it’s the problem with your hardware you need to check that anyways while you have been doing the factory setting have you remembered to change the Audio settings back to the Digital if you haven’t just try that I hope it would help you.

I would have given the same solution as these guys have been suggesting but they have already taken away the solution so i was searching for something new to tell you about and while searching and having a hard time I got a solution which is bit different and it says that go back to the setting and over here choose the option stereo and then again choose the Digital one back and then start the DTS files and look at that you have got any change or no.

Have you tried this by disconnecting the power for some time and then start with it again and see if you are getting any help, I hope these things must help you because when one of my friend was facing the same problem we did the same and the problem was solved easily and that is the reason when I have saw you facing the same I thought of it again and I think this would help you out definitely and if these steps are useless then try out checking of the hardware’s.

Well firmware has been really a big problem in this WD TV and i will say now people who have been thinking of updating the TV should not do that by consulting it because this has been a real problem and it has been a very difficult task to get rid of it well what you can do is try to get it done by updating the latest version V one of the firmware and i hope that will bring you out of this problem. so best of luck and hope you get rid of it.