Thread: Some thoughts on MyBB 2.0 udpate and comparision

Some thoughts on MyBB 2.0 udpate and comparision

I assume vBulletin is the best environment software. Other than that, phpBB I sense is great and good number of addons. For the testing purpose I was before working on MyBB and want to update to MyBB 2.0. I do not want to spoil my current settings, just want to know what more will this offer in comparison to the older version. And also which are other better forums than MyBB 2.0 with more features and addon support.

Re: Some thoughts on MyBB 2.0 udpate and comparision

Well I think as everybody knows from version 1.4 +, prototype used to be the best of times but I have years of listening to after the 2.0 would use jquery. This one might be very functional. MyBB 1.6 is a pure feature release. Its new features are added that have been requested by users and often make sense for the MyBB Group. MyBB 2.0 is rewritten from scratch because the current code still looks under construction.

SMF and MyBB definitely beat phpBB any time. If you are looking for open source forum then PHPBB3 is good. It has lot of options. For paid one Vbulletin is best. vBulletin is mostly used for professional sites but its not free. PhpBB Used for years I finally Before switching to SMF. In SMF I got an much more enjoyable experience. I am of course Referring to SMF 2.0 and phpBB 3.0. However, SMF and PhpBB Both are reasonable choices.

Personally I prefer MyBB Because of the features available and ease of use. I Have tried all of Those forums and in my opinion is second only to MyBB expensive commercial scripts forum. But, That is just my own opinion. I am working on the same from quiet a long time and I am really use to it. I had not yet decided to go for any other forum software but soon will decide to choose a better one.

I like MyBB. It's easy to integrate with websites, it is Loader with features, and the codebase is very clean. It also has a community and security issues were very few comparison are done between it and others. PhpBB is more widespread, a large community, but also MyBB seems very effectively perform and easy to use. The two seem to be quite similar level functions. It depends on your choice for number of functionality you want.

I think a lot of user-friendly MYBB and therefore suitable for beginners. I must confess, I've also tested phpBB Olympus, and the software has improved significantly since phpBB 2.x, but compared to MyBB, I would rather stay at MyBB. I feel very comfortable and the support I got almost all my needs met here, what my board is concerned. Not for nothing but it's very successful. I then tested in the decision phpBB and also found it incredibly confusing for a beginner and difficult.