Thread: Phishing Email from Sony Online Entertainment

Phishing Email from Sony Online Entertainment

Yesterday my Email account showing that there is an email from "Sony on-line Entertainment" which is asking that I rearrange my password intended for my account through them following the new restoration of on-line system. After there was some test saying some description about their issue. However the funny thing is I don’t have any account registered on Sony on-line Entertainment. It seems to me like a Phishing scam, sent with the intention to get my personal data. Please be aware about this kind of emails.

Re: Phishing Email from Sony Online Entertainment

The problems of the electronics giants of Internet security are simply no end. Now an IT security firm reported that it had discovered on the Sony servers in Thailand, a phishing site, the Italian credit card customers will targeted. Sony had been informed, the expert Mikko Hypponen wrote of the anti-virus firm F-Secure on Friday in a blog entry. "In essence, it means that Sony has been hacked again, even though probably not very significant in this case the server."

Sony has already announced 30 days of game time to give each additional day remain the service offline to the SOE, this bonus season extended by one day. At the same time would Sony is to some extent in the resulting costs for Card blocking and similar measures involved. Further details will be announced by the company for the respective regions in the near future. Sony has notified affected customers by e-mail about the hack and advises vigilant to keep their own accounts and credit card sales in the eye. In addition, the company warns against phishing e-mails

Only on Wednesday, Sony had to brake to restart its online services after huge data theft. Should change in the site on their customers' passwords, one gaping security hole. Hackers could change due to the vulnerability to capture passwords and other customer accounts. For only the e-mail address and date of birth of the user was required as the test run of the game-blog "Nyleveia" proved that had reported first about the problem. Sony temporarily took the side of the net.

Sony discovered that the servers were intruded during a thorough check as part of the investigation into the hacked PlayStation Network. According to preliminary information, the hackers also use Sony Online Entertainment personal information such as name, address, email, birth date, phone number, login name and password-secured encrypted indeed have.

It had managed to steal records of about one million customers and in the range of Sony Pictures Administration platform to penetrate. Among the stolen records are addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and passwords are not encrypted, the hacker group, according LulzSec. As evidence of approximately 30,000 records have been published on the Internet. Furthermore, the hacker had access to approximately 3.5 million voucher codes and databases of the Dutch and Belgian branches of SonyBMG.