Thread: I need some suggestion on forums software

I need some suggestion on forums software

To run an open community you need a better cms software and today there are ample of services that provide both support for forums and portal. Here I am confused between lots of software support. I need help to finalize which one will be better. I found many of users commenting in phpBB. Is this a nice software which deals with almost all aspects of an forums management. I do not find much support on this, what other can I try.

Re: I need some suggestion on forums software

It is true that phpBB is not very secure. But by making 3 or 4 security measures in hand, we get easily a fairly secure forum: moving and renaming the file config.php, htaccess file on the administration, removing the possibility of destroying an entire forum in the administration panel. Already there, this script kiddies **** enough for it to go to another forum. And adding a few protective measures, then it becomes very secure. So yeah, phpBB is relatively poorly secured. But it can be easily managed.

From my side I will not recommend phpBB. It is too resource hungry. I had problems with my old host because of phpBB though it was not very crowded. The same asked me off the search and lots of other stuff. Now I have a SMF. I am really happy, and administration and maintenance is really good. And it is less demanding than phpBB. SMF is clearly better than phpBB2 in terms of functionality. You can test both and then finalize which you want.

There are many cms system that you can try. Like Joomla. Joomla is an editorial system, which allows a particularly simple manner one or more authors, put through a simple browser-based administration interface texts and online media. Joomla is an advance cms system. It supports a large number of extensions and a powerful API which offers you higher flexibility. You can manage your entire work without any major issue and development is also possible on this.

Many times it really becomes hard to find the best product with general characteristics. For that you can try several CMS and this really will not be a hard task. There is also an another web application which is called as OpenSourceCMS. This offers a collection of content management systems, and also a diverse collection of free software such as CMS, wikis, e-commerce, etc. They are all popular, as Drupal, PHPNuke, Wordpress, etc. Of course, there is only PHP-based systems, if you have decided to try some here are my recommendations Drupal, Joomla and Mambo.

Content management system with additional data management and Web 2.0 elements, contains its own rich text editor and file manager; complex rights management as well as opportunities for commercial use are available, with PHP 5 framework for creating custom applications. Java CMS for intranet and external website with version of all content, permissions and powerful document management. But this is costly.