Thread: Does image signature looks cheap in forums?

Does image signature looks cheap in forums?

Hey friends I have a forum with some less sections and with few hundred members only I have just started with it and I need a help regarding the image signature, My problem is some of my users have very small post but there signatures are very long and this is what irritating me can anyone tell me how to deal with this I have used some setting now like a restriction for the image length and so if the images are up too 400x100 pixels then only it would be allowed or no so would it have any effect on the members please tell me what you guys do to get rid of this?

Re: Does image signature looks cheap in forums?

I believe in reasonable freedom of signatures. I try to keep mine in one third of the height of the screen or in pictures and quotes. I like to put multiple images in a row 5.3, depending on its width, all the same height as the bar formation. I'll let my students to decide their sigs consist, though I realize that is not always like what I see and I don’t think this is a good choice it doesn’t matters however long is the signature is because what matters is the solution not the length of the answer or the page of length so I think you should set them free.

Well I think you have done a right thing and we have also limited the file size and dimensions of GIS for that reason when we had this problem. There were also some that were so big that I really slow down the speed at which a page is loaded. We have some recoil at first, but after explaining the reasoning and the persistence of problems and now there is no problem at all there would be some post on your forums that why have you done all this then you can just explain them that if you would be using such a long images there would be a slow processing and lots of space has been occupied unnecessarily and they would understand for sure.

This is your problem because you dint created a rule in the beginning and that’s why I created the rule in the beginning itself about it and my rule was like maximum image size 450 length x 200 width of a single image and text or 40 words or less and A quote and a maximum of two non-commercial links. Any material / images that may be deemed inappropriate for CW members and staff have to be placed in signatures. This includes images, text and links to other sites and No animated images, so the members already knew how much should be the length of the signature from the beginning.

I Also, do not like images in signatures either, but has been a demand from users we have to maintain, but there was no room permits. But note, since we already allow them to be caught hell if you remove them. I would also be agreeing with having the limits on the pixels dimensions and all, and I would like to suggest you also to include the size of the image file and all. I have also turned off both profile pictures and signatures for all guests. This makes the first impression a little more clean and tidy. You can set the signature "off" by default.

I don’t think limiting the user is a good idea and primarily a forum for art, not to limit or discourage ff at all, but the significant size. Our logic is that if members want to show their imagination can go wild pigs in the gallery if they wish. While a company must convey something of the member's personality, interests, or simply something nice you want to share, not meant to replace your reality, to speak or act as advertising for anything other than express them. So basically I would say let your users be free.

I too have a thinking that this signatures look cheap because many time it is more in height than the comment, the comment remains useless and the image is long and with untidy look and this does frustrates other user and this would be a bad sign for the forum admin so i think there is many sites which has been either banned the signature image or have restricted the image size and that is the right thing to do and the members have to understand that.