Thread: Do we use personal name in the email address, is it risky?

Do we use personal name in the email address, is it risky?

Hi, I have too many accounts on the internet, but I haven’t used my personal name ever before, but I never ever bother to know about it why we don’t have to use that name, but now don’t know what happened, suddenly got interest to know the reason that why can’t we use our own name or any other personal name? is it that risky to use the name although? So if suppose I created a new account ever again, do I put my name over there? Need suggestion thanks for any.

Re: Do we use personal name in the email address, is it risky?

Hi, I would say you got a very good question, as I was also confused before sometimes but after reading the articles and from other sources I got that, it would be better if we don’t use any such name in the email address. Rather you can have a idea to use your name as a pet name and while providing the email address you can simply put the dissimilar rather odd name, that no one can guess ever, that would be best option.

Not very high if you concern about the security, but still that doesn’t make any sense though you put your own name in the email address, and according to good engendering skills I would always suggest you to put very uncommon name, as mentioned by the above user, that would be good option for sure. And if you want to use your personal name then that’s absolutely ok.

Hi, if you just want to use it for you recognition you can simply put your first and middle name’s initial in the email address, so no worry about the whole name. and I believe that there is no such big harm with using it. But main thing is like for the known names, as they must have to be careful about the spammers, and still there are some regions where this activity goes on air, so that’s good if you use any other name but you can use your own name too.

See there is nothing harmful giving your name to your address, but there are still many credentials that you have to fill very carefully, because there only security concerns. Because that information can lead the hacker to carry on further activities. And if the website is secure than you can use the name whatever you want, otherwise my recommendation is not use any such name.

According to me you can use numerous ways to recognize your name. You can use the initials for any combination of first, middle and last name and whatever you want, and the main thing rely on the password that you use for accessing those mails, and if you use the name In the password than that would be really risky because that is the only thing which hacker have to guess, and they start with the names only. so better put some other words rather than the names.

The only safety threat you require to be anxious about is the Patriot Act, I am also not very much aware about the act but simply this is like you should not use the name which is bit confidential, and the name of the persons belongs to any criminal fraternity, rather than these you can use any name that you want, and as the above user mentioned you can make use of too many combinations rather than the complete name.