Thread: Should we remove unused member accounts of Purge?

Should we remove unused member accounts of Purge?

Hi everyone we had a debate last time hope you all remembered regarding the user accounts. Since we know that there are many users who have signed in the forums i.e. made an account 2 years back but those people have never posted anything and never returned. Well I don’t have much idea about those users but should we delete their accounts or keep it as it was before. Thus I need suggestions on this issue.

Re: Should we remove unused member accounts of Purge?

I prune every month or so. If they are joined by more than 3 months have not been available and have been at least 2 months received an email telling that your account will be pruned at the time x if login. It keeps the number of post regarding looking to the right member. But still there are cases people would prune inactive members unless you have member counts in the 1000's. Well it depends on you finally.

The ones I like to prune are formed by SEO companies. SEO companies used to generate accounts on the forums so as to put a link on the profile, or signature, or anywhere they can. Forum software has not really maintained, however, so we need some kind of custom tools to solve the SEO accounts settled accounts unreliable. I think it's a query database easy, vBulletin, for example, you can check if a url in the page field in the profile, and if no one notices the account from its inception, 99.99 % SEO is created. I'm not too anxious about his standard spammer; the mediators caught me pretty quick, and did the SEO agency accounts that are causing problems now.

But I guess if you have a lot of members and almost any messages, then it may be an option. I really do not I have a problem with the messages and I have enough members also have to do that. Thus, some people think they have lots of members is a good thing. I totally disagree. I'd rather have 1000 active members and 100 000 inactive then. Well, this is what I think. Make your choice. I cannot wait for the life of the mine to find out what SEO companies put things in the page field members. Search engines do not see it in my forums. Only registered users the opportunity to view the member list, and I think only after they are out of the "newly registered" group. This is with phpBB3, I'm not sure BB has a similar feature, I think so?

Do not prune inactive members. On the one hand, sends me newsletter every week, similar to the TAZ. When I get back bounce for valid email accounts, which move the members of a group of inactive users so that when members of the next session they see a warning about the need to enter a valid email address. For new registrations, I use an add-on that reminds them to validate their accounts at 3, 5, and 8 days. If you do not respond to reminders, add-on automatically deletes least 10 days after registration. I have had many members return after an absence of several months or even 5 years, so it does not always eliminate the previously active members.

Most of them are not by companies. There are many automated software out there that can do it automatically, and xrumer scrapeboard being the most prominent. So I frequently do not check if the profiles appear live or not. There has been a great benefit to link building in the past by what is so great and so often the case. There are a lot of $ $ $ on that if you know what you are doing. As always, follow the $. And point 3, the forum software has not kept cause is because manufacturers of such software to make the $ great software so that it can also be obtained through its normal captcha anti-spam questions, etc. It is really a back-and forth, manufacturers service forums / code from the image comes out with something new, and the company xrumer crack, and the cycle repeats.

I pruned in three areas - non-responders, e-mail problems and inactive users. Everyone has different thresholds. When a user registers and inactive, sent reminder emails. If not activated within 11 days, are marked as non-responders. They may remain so for up to two months before being unconcerned as a total lost cause. If an e-mail is seen to be bad, they are labeled as a problem of email and are pruned after 6 months of inactivity. After 10 months of inactivity, a reminder email is sent only. Those who become trouble bounce emails are can possibly next month. If you have not logged in after a year, become inactive and are eliminated in the next.

I keep records in a spreadsheet of all users are removed in 3 cases. I hand file annual spreadsheet to keep growing too. It's my way of shaming users who say they cannot go and has only been a little while. When I tell them exactly when they register and the last time you logged in, to silently re-register. About half of all pruning in inactive areas and email have never been registered after the registration date.