Thread: Does anyone switch from vbulletin to other

Does anyone switch from vbulletin to other

I am just utilizing vbulletin 3.8.5 and allowing for switching to IPB. For those of you who have completed that, please know me, how does it contrast? Is it simpler for an admin? Are you happy or sorry you prepared the switch? I really egger to know this. Please if anyone has any idea or have any kind of experience with this than please help me to know about this more and more.

Re: Does anyone switch from vbulletin to other

A slightly different source, I switched from phpBB. At first, the new features seemed quite capable. But as time passes, the level of action in my forum kept dipping and dropping. I cannot clarify why, but I truly feel less and less willing to contribute in my personal forum. PhpBB is more attractive and fun to use. Again I cannot really explain why. There are a number of people who share my sense of what I read in another forum. I really want to convert my forum, once again Xenforo.

I tried to IPB, but could not feel contented with it. I have heard a few shock stories as well, about people who have changed from IPB to vbulletin and the defeat of a significant percentage of its traffic from natural search. One thing that bothers me personally is how much harder it is to combat spammers / trolls in vbulletin IPB. If these three issues are resolved in the latest version, you should seriously consider it again.

Have you tried the IPS Spam Service? You simply flip it on and then you are set. Of the 2 years i used to be using IPB three, I never got a spam attack in the slightest degree. Excluding that, the remainder of what you said is true. After I had an IPB (I did not switch from vbulletin), my SERPs were sensible, however it never translated into actual organic traffic or any of that. I do suspect that the implicit tags had one thing to try and do with it. My members have commented that I had a decent theme (which I bought from the most effective designer in IPBForumSkins.com), however apart from that, the user expertise was "meh," not like what individuals are telling me in my Xenforo.

PS Spam Service is nothing vbulletin. When running several large forums, thousands of messages per day, is really a need for good tools to fight spammers and trolls. When you say you never received an attack, makes me think I should be commerce with small forums. This is an area where vbulletin has done well. Occasionally a troll will, for instance, and after twenty, thirty posts earlier than a moderator catch.

I agree with everything said here, I went to one of my communities from VB to IPB and 3 months later (to my chagrin) turns it again, serious loss in the ranks and traffic even though the configuration accurate for all transmits single forum thread, and so on. Not just the long end searches reduced by 50%, but the main keywords as well felled five places in this particular place was the difference between 1700 visitors per day to 200 visitors single day.

To me, all this can be terribly stunning. i have been using vbulletin for quite three years, and notice it a true PITA. i am not a programmer, thus perhaps that has one thing to try and do with it. However I notice it tough to use (as an administrator), counter-intuitive, and not possible to induce any client support -- particularly since they instituted their new policy. Once I inspect IPB, I see one thing that appears plenty easier to use for users, admins, and moderators, with an awfully nice look.