Thread: Run Google Chrome as Root on BackTrack 5

Run Google Chrome as Root on BackTrack 5

Recently I come to know about running Google chrome as root. To do this just go after the following steps:
    • Walk off to /usr/bin
    • Change google-chrome I did through Kate
    • At the finish of exec -a "$0" "$HERE/chrome" "$@"
    • You need to put in ”--user-data-dir”
    • As a result that it can looks similar to this
      Code:
      exec -a "$0" "$HERE/chrome" "$@" --user-data-dir

Re: Run Google Chrome as Root on BackTrack 5

One of the things that many Linux users complain about is the apparent lack of Google's browser for the platform. My in particular I am very excited about this browser to options such as Opera or Firefox, but we know, everyone chooses what they want and can use. On the other hand, I know that many have managed to install Chromium, which is the project that is based on Google Chrome, but as we know, are not actually install the Google browser, but say the source code itself, with the disadvantage Chromium only provides packages that DEB so users of RPM-based distributions like openSUSE, Mandriva or Fedora are unable to install it.

Just set out toward terminal and adduser chrome and afterward while your all made through that right click the backtrack icon within menu bar and leave toward "Menu Editor" and choose internet afterward Google chrome or Chromium browser, sophisticated next run like dissimilar user and type chrome otherwise what on earth user you just formed and that's all. Ensure you click on top of file, save on top of the top left corner to ensure you save modifications.

Google Chrome is one of the best web browsers of the moment, no doubt, has been in trouble with traditional alternatives like Firefox and Opera with a great balance between features, functionality and speed. To install Google Chrome in Fedora, we must first add the Google repository to our system. After adding the repository, just run a terminal command (requires root password):
    Code:
      $ Su-c 'yum install google-chrome-stable'
    Once done Google Chrome is installed on your computer.

More than one user may have noticed that Google Chrome is constantly fails on Fedora. This is due to security restrictions imposed by the tool solid Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux). However, these problems can be solved by disabling SELinux. To do this simply edits the SELinux configuration file running in a terminal (requires root password):
    Code:
      $ Su-c 'nano / etc / selinux / config'
    Modify the file so that it is the parameter disabled SELinux, as follows:
    Code:
      SELINUX = disabled
    Once done, save the file (Ctrl + O) and exit (Ctrl + X). It is widely recommended to restart the system and completed the Google Chrome should work perfectly!

The procedure works, and the performance of this browser will consider well, the only bad thing I have found both this and its predecessor Chromium is if you want to delete the history of a site does not allow it, we must remove a day from then on out is a very good browser. It will be interesting to test environments to access our bank account and if we can make some kind of movement interbank.