Thread: How to reset the steam account after it gets blocked by providing wrong age

How to reset the steam account after it gets blocked by providing wrong age

I’m a steam user. Today I had login to the steam server and was looking fro latest games that had being recently launch and when I try to buy one of the game after clicking it I was redirected to the age verification page and I just hit enter even without entering the date and now I was not able to buy any game which is rated as M. I know I need to reset it can anyone tell me how to reset it and if it get reset automatically then how much time it take to reset pleases suggest me for this.

Re: How to reset the steam account after it gets blocked by providing wrong age

If you are using the Firefox browser then just you need to visit the page where you had enter the wrong age and after that right click on the option for view page information and then from the security tab you just need to select the view cookies. The cookies page will be open and from that page select the first cookies and then you will see the option for removing it so remove all the cookies one by one and then when you are done close the page and then restart the page again and then enter the correct age.

First of all I should remind you that the age is not an account setting so you don’t need to input it every time you look for the m rated games. Even the age issue happen with me I was looking out for some stuff in that I had applied 1994 despite of 1992 and now I was not able to access the m rated games I had tried by deleting the cookies in an IE as I thought steam use the internet engine but I was wrong. But I’m happy that I’m not blocked.

The reason behind the age that they don’t which is in your profile is that they actually want you to feed the actual date for the purpose of demographic issue. And same had being controlled for the m rated games which you need to feed the actual date but the people usually feed the different date and hence facing the problem. Well I want to ask is there any m-block bypass plug-in for the Firefox browser. Kindly suggest.

If you know the steam account name then you must try this. Open steam and form there select the “know my account name” and then hit on next and then feed the information you know and even the email address which had being record with the steam and then repeat the step and if the problem still persist then you must contact to the customer support executive and they will guide you accordingly hope this will help you a lot.

You must try to restart the steam client or you can even try to re open the web browser. You are not able to access it as it depends on the age you had input, it counts till 18. I had also put the wrong age bi-mistake but I can able to access it after resetting the cookies and even clearing the history of your browser. But now the steam is not attached to the main browser. According to the US law that always checks for the age for accessing the M rated games.