Thread: Can't find any server in steam after updating

Can't find any server in steam after updating

Hello, when I had logon to the server I had got a new update so I had updated it. But now I can’t able to find the server the only things I can see is my favorite servers list I had even restarted the steam but still the problem persist. I think so it is getting an ip address of all the server in which I had play is it true. Does anyone know how to fix this problem please suggest me regarding this I’m in big trouble. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Can't find any server in steam after updating

I got the similar problem after updating it. I had even checked my firewall setting and the steam can access the internet and after that I had left it as it is to connect but after few minutes when I check again I can’t able to connect to the server. I had not done anything just I had played 360 while the crysis2 demo was downloading. Now it keeps on searching the server but it is not searching anything. Can anyone suggest me what may be the problem with it?

Even I was not able to connect to the server so I had turn off the firewall after that I had check the option for the killing floor and even the hl2.exe and they both have access. I think it is due to the version of the internet security which might be keeping you away from connection to the server. Try to turn off the firewall and after that you make sure that you had turn o the windows default firewall and then try to connect with the server. I’m sure this will going to work.

Well I don’t know much about the other windows but if you’re using the windows 7 then there might be the problem with the patch that you had installed which is usually stopping the server to get connected. Try to use the map view which you will be going to get an option in the show map. If you get that option then uncheck it and then just check if the server is appearing or no. if you still persist with the problem then you must contact to the service provider.

You must make a search for the pugs in the tf2lobby website and if it doesn’t work then just try to make search for the server from the steam menu. If you are able to connect through your console ip and still the server is not appearing then you must connect with 69.61.110.70:27015 this ip. Check you firewall version and even check the access rule and from that check the option for the killing floor and if it’s still won’t work then turn off your firewall.

For this you just need to do a few setting. First check your firewall and even check the router is using the port number 27015. You also need an udp and tcp to make accessible to the server and if you’re having a listed server then make sure that the console of sv_lan is set to 0 or you can even launch a properties from the listen server file. This problem is due to related to the client and not the server. You can easily solve your problem by closing the steam and then deleting the masterservers.vdf and serverbrowser.vdf which you will be going to get in the config directory file.