Thread: Do we need to have 64 bit version of Firefox to run it in 64 bit operating system?

Do we need to have 64 bit version of Firefox to run it in 64 bit operating system?

The question says it all. so what are yiur answers for this kind of question. Can you all please suggest me some important suggestion for the same. I am hear waiting for the suggestions from you all and I am sure that you will do reply accordingly here. I am having the 64 bit windows 7 in my system and is it necessary to have the firefox version as 64 bit? So what do you all think guys about it? can you please suggest me something on the same. I am waiting for the help from you all. do reply here.

Re: Do we need to have 64 bit version of Firefox to run it in 64 bit operating system?

See 32 bit versions software’s can be readily installed in the 64 bit operating system. they get installed in the Program Files (x86) directory. So do check out all the files from there and you will get the e=necessary answer from there only. So that’s what I am saying here. However if you want to take advantage of the 64 bit operating system then better stick with the 64 bit versions of software that will be an added advantage for you. so do look out for the same here and in case if you have still questions on the 64 bit operating system then feel free to ask here. I am ready to answer out the questions for you all.

Re: Do we need to have 64 bit version of Firefox to run it in 64 bit operating system?

Ok thanks for answering out the question here. Well still I have one question left here, so does the same rule applies for the Flash and Shockwave. Is it necessary to have the 64 bit versions for them also, so what do you all think guys about it. Please do reply accordingly and answer out the questions for me. I did ask some of my friends regarding the same issue but none of them have answered out for me.

Yes there have been some issues with the flash for the 64 bit operating system and especially the 64 bit operating system. so what I would advise you is better4 install the plugin for the respective browser, say is you are using the 32 bit version of the browser in the 64 bit operating system, then make sure that it installs properly in the browser, so you will have to watch out for that, though there will be no issues with the 64 bit, but there has been some problem noticed with the flash specially.

See the basic thing is that if you are installing any particular program in the 64 bit operating system. say you are installing the 32 bit browser in the 64 bit operating system, then you can readily do that but make sure that whatever components that you are adding with the browser should also be of the 32 bit and not the 64 bits. Yes one exception is the antivirus programs. If you are using the 64 bit operating system then you must require the 64 bit program only and not any kind of normal program for the system, so you need to watch out for that.

Thanks a lot guys for the help that you have given here. Appreciate your solutions that you have given over here and it has really helped me a lot here, so thanks a ton for the same here.