Thread: Unable render on Facebook while pressing on the Connect button

Unable render on Facebook while pressing on the Connect button

Well as the title suggesting what I wanted to ask over here in this particular thread. I am trying to use XFBML and I have used the Facebook tutorial and I have found that the web application which is unable to render file like fb:name or fb:profile-pic when I have not clicked on the connect button. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable render on Facebook while pressing on the Connect button

Looking at the situation I think you need to handle yourself by using the optional 3rd attribute on the Facebook.init. however I let you know something which would be useful to you. When your app is into the Facebook canvas you did not require to use the login button. Rather you have to simply call the FB.Connect.requireSession() on the on click event of the button or loading of the page. I am hoping that the information which I have mentioned over here would be useful to you.

I think you have done something wrong over here. If you have put FB.Connect.requireSessionb on onload event of the page then I am sure that it would generate an error message because it would not be able to conntect with the libraries which are loaded asynchronously. Also reloadIfSessionStateChanged did not seems to be parameter which you are talking about. You should use the following command on the init call method.
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
        FB.init("<YOURAPIKEY>", "<PATHTO>xd_receiver.htm",{"ifUserConnected":function(){FB.ensureInit(FB.Connect.requireSession);}});
    </script>
    You have to replace api key into the first param as well as path xd_receiver.htm file.

Well I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. I have tried lots of thing to fix the matter of mine. well you have to simply set the connect url to same as of the Canvas callback url. Once you have done the same I am not having the issue. So you should try the thing which I have mentioned over here I am hoping that it would be useful to you.

I wanted to say thanks to all the guys for replying with the possible solution over here. Well I have used thing and I have used to fix the matter of mine. I have set the connect url on the canvas callback url. I wanted to appreciate your efforts which put in to get the requirement of mine. anyway thanks a lot for helping me out over here.