Thread: Spam filters in TalkTalk

Spam filters in TalkTalk

I have seen that many of the non spam emails are hitting from the TalkTalk server side spam filters. I am able to replicate the messages to a number of accounts even by using the upper case in the subject line along with the ‘FW’ which is much enough to trigger the spam filters. I did not find any way to disable the TalkTalk spam filters and also there is no way to lower their threshold. TalkTalk technical support was unable to assist for this. There must be many other people facing the same problem.

Re: Spam filters in TalkTalk

I have also faced the same issue while using the email services provided by TalkTalk. It was really annoying thing that I was facing. Now I have stopped using the email services provided by them and I am thinking to switch to another Internet Service Provider. So you must try using other email services such as yahoo, gmail, hotmail rather than using the email services that is provided by your ISP.

Yes, the service provided by TalkTalk technical support is very poor. I had once called them for the service, but instead of understanding your issue they will sometimes raise your problem. What the last thing they will do is they will just change your password and give. So I have disconnected the service with the TalkTalk service provider. There was no other way that I found, that would solve my issue.

You should never use the email service provided by your internet Service Provider. It is something that they are providing as a part of their services and are not completely focused on the email service. So it is always better to get the email services other than the one provided by the ISP. So I think you can use the services like Gmail, yahoo and hot mails and other. I don’t think that there is any other option available for you to get rid of the non spam messages.

As you have mentioned that this is the issue for email service that is provided by the ISP. As the ISP is a internet service provider and the email service provider, so instead of paying some of the money for the extra service that is not at all worth, you can go with some other ISP or you can use some of the other email services. I too don’t have any idea about how to disable the spam filters in the TalkTalk ISP.

I think getting the ISP email service is something that you have tried to get your way down. I was also offered an email service from my ISP. I used for a short time and got some problem in the email service, so I discontinued the service for email and now I am using the other email service i.e., hotmail. And now I don’t have any problem in using the TalkTalk Internet. So I think you should just request to discontinue your email service form them.