Thread: Net speed drops down to 0 while streaming video

Net speed drops down to 0 while streaming video

I lately began experiencing troubles through my connection. Connection is very well, streaming HD video, and after that randomly to be cut through among 5 and 30 or additional seconds. Is not the server as I have attempted numerous live streams starting dissimilar websites, commencing multiple locations approximately the world I have cable internet all the way through Mediacom. We compensate for up to 20Mb down and 2Mb upstream. Speed tests authenticate that the entirety yield is not a difficulty. I have experience these troubles through 2 routers and through modem connection on the way to my PC.

Re: Net speed drops down to 0 while streaming video

Hi I am facing the similar problems. I just comprehend that it possibly will be unclear. I am not having this difficulty only through the observation of live video. Every websites are only not load periods. All lights on the router and the modem within green the entire time. According to my ISP I've been online not together with interruption used for 16 hours or more, nevertheless he did a ping test through packs of 50 I consider, and he said he was within packet loss of 26%. If some other information is required or estimated, please let me be acquainted with. Do not expect some easy solutions or actually any fix for that issue.

What cable modem is used by way of Mediacom? The majority brands permit you to access your modem internal pages http://192.168.100.1 statistics - if you are capable to go away there, and after that attempt to discover the "signs" page, which be supposed to show a receipt, transit and SNR (signal to noise ratio) numbers. More often than not, if the signal levels are out of specification will origin packet loss as your modem has complexity communicating through the OSP (outside plant). Within most cases I've read, your upstream level would be to reduce the difficulty of what "up streaming" packets to edge router 10.27.114.1.

Earlier than the previous course goes into "play", I presently had this test through the ping command itself, however this time modify the IP 192.168.100.1 to perform the similar in favor of the ping to your modem. Be able to a faulty modem. It is most excellent to gather every the evidence and present the whole thing that Mediacom. A number of CSR make fools of their customers, as a result it’s enhanced to go away there, "firearms are opening" through information.

Thank you. I have at the present started to become aware of my modem resetting itself at times additionally. Those resets perceptibly cause internet outage; however there are times where speeds drop and the lights at a standstill indicate connection additionally. I tested the Modem and obtain =1ms through no packet defeat. I did similar test on the way to my router through <1ms and no packets lost. As a result you're saying Mediacom be supposed to be resting on this? I mean it's been regarding a week of problem previously. I really appreciate your help.

I think there is a problem through the OSP, or possibly more within its network core routers Mediacom. Moreover approach, you actually be supposed to be getting at Mediacom. The majority times at what time you complain toward an ISP, and there is not anything they are able to observe that relates to your network edge, automatically blame him. So the escalation of the problem to an administrator or department operations, after that send a technician toward fix the difficulty.