Thread: Unable to read Emails on yahoo in Debian 5.0 Iceweasel

Unable to read Emails on yahoo in Debian 5.0 Iceweasel

Hello everyone, I have Debian 5.0 with Iceweasel version 3.0.6 on it and was not able to read email on my yahoo id, while all other site for email are opening properly and without any problem. And while searching on Google and other different forum at no place I had found the feasible solution of this issue, so any one over here also facing the same problem, and if anyone know how to get this problem solved. Thanks for your every help.

Re: Unable to read Emails on yahoo in Debian 5.0 Iceweasel

Have you tried to read yahoo mails manually from web browser as this might be possible that as because of yahoo upgrade with yahoo beta, your current browser don’t compatible with it, so better try to update your browser with the latest update, and also update your flash player, or even after this also you are not able to open your yahoo then try to use another web browser else than Internet Explorer for that, for instance: Mozilla firefox , Google Chrome, Safari etc.

There are changes that your system had gone outdated, so first check that and if it not then simply should leave using yahoo mail, as there a features in yahoo mail by which without opening mails you can forward all your mail on other ID for example: to Gmail or Hotmail. And what I know about yahoo mail, is that they only Supports Windows system, and they mostly ignore other system and till now service provider not doing anything with this problem.

I think you should better opt for Yahoo Classic if you are on yahoo beta, as this is problem has happen with me too, and at the same time I switch over to Yahoo classic and just after that I was able to use and read my Yahoo mail properly and what I think that even in looks and speed the classic version is better, and whatever complain I got with Yahoo current version of email on Debian, so all of them having the problem just because they switch to Yahoo beta version, so you should try this and check whether now you are able to read your Yahoo mail or not.

Thanks guys, yours every suggests are worthy and help me a lot, as I was totally depress and blaming my system for all this problem, so I had tried different method before posting my problem over here and finding no way out for solving this problem, and then as you suggest, I switch over classic version and it really work out for me. Thanks a million for your help.