Thread: Toggle between Firefox 4 and Firefox 5?

Toggle between Firefox 4 and Firefox 5?

Recently I had heard about the release of the new browser release by Mozilla which was a update of previously released the version named Firefox 4, the new version of this was released as beta version there are. I have been using Firefox 4 for quite a few times now with the release of Firefox 5, everything new in terms of features and function comes on ff5 , but since the Firefox 5 version have may bugs right now is there a way to toggle between them.

re: Toggle between Firefox 4 and Firefox 5?

I think the that they have released a version of this before, but I don‘t know that if this have been a serious released , Mozilla has previously released a feature allows user to easily toggle between the fire fox 4 and firefox 5 , or the other way round between a new version and the old version as they are almost have been built on same foundation. But I don ‘t know if that is really true , as there have been a official news but there was no response .

I don‘t think that is possible in any way, they are just rumors , I have personally never heard it anywhere forget about see in real , this is sure a way of spreading virus by makes such attractive tags named extension , there are plenty of then lying around but how many of them do work ?

A couple of betas that were released back when there was a version of the Firefox 3 and Firefox 3.04 released on the internet , then there was a feature that allowed user to toggle between this browser as this would help help them to gain best features of both the version ‘s as both provided different features and both had a unique sets of extension ‘s available for them. But there were many drawbacks that came along with it , some of them were the crashes that usally occurred while shifting between the browser s , there was also reported that all the bookmarks and the history feeds were missed up and mnay a times also misplaced and deleted by the browser randomly . So this feature was then subsequently removed from it and then it never apperared again , so you might have heard that before since it was released few years back , but right know there is no possibility that could come up with this again .

But , I have still known programmer that edit something on the in the about:config file and then add some new channel in it so the they could use the older version in the newer version . I don ‘t know how to do it but , many of them do this , mostly the one who works on linux platform .

But ,even then I think that would only work only with the newer version and the las t version that was released as the channel stuff is not compatible with it. If you are a programmer type of guy I suggest you to edit the channel.prefs.js file which is situated right in the program directory file of your default and then preference to set it to your desired channel that you wanted , as you cannot modify it entire you could only use it partially so that you won’t get any problems

Re: Toggle between Firefox 4 and Firefox 5?

thanks your suggestion helped me a lot, I was truly in believe that there was a toggle option between this , but I was very sad when I heard that the company has already stopped this conversation about this . I meant the company now no more supports the toggle option in the Firefox 5.0 , I am hoping that the company may in future releases some features as they would help me to use the best of both features .