Thread: Firefox 5 freezes while opening add ons

Firefox 5 freezes while opening add ons

In my laptop I was using internet explorer 8 and I was not having any problem with that. Before some days I have installed Mozilla Firefox in my laptop and I like that browser very much because in Mozilla Firefox we can get lots of add-ons which can be very useful for me but after updating the Firefox to latest version It has started giving me one issue. Now whenever I open the Add-ons option at that time my browser freezes for 5 to 10 seconds.

Re: Firefox 5 freezes while opening add ons

It looks like you are facing this problem because you have installed so many add-ons in your browser and because of that your browser is finding difficulties to while opening the add-ons tab. I think you should disable the unwanted tabs and plug-ins in your Mozilla Firefox and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not. If you want to know anything more than please let me know.

I was getting the same problem in my computer also and after that solved this problem by removing the unnecessary add-ons from my Mozilla browser. If you want to do this then you have to first click on the Firefox button and then select the add-ons option and then click on the add-on tab now check all the add-ons and disable which you don’t want to use or remove it.

Well I have tried all the steps which you have mentioned in your above post but after disabling the all unnecessary add-ons also I was facing the same problem. Now after doing that I have tried to solve this problem by removing all add-ons from my Mozilla browser but after doing that also I am getting the same problem. now please tell me what should I do to fix this issue. if anyone have anymore solution regarding that then please help me with that. I am waiting for your replies.

As far as I know the best way to fix this problem is to reinstall the browser in your laptop. First remove Firefox from your laptop and after that you have to delete all the files from your laptop. Now after deleting all the files from your laptop you have to restart the laptop and then install the Firefox again in your computer. Now after doing that check whether same problem is coming or not. if you still finding any difficulties after that then please let me know.

When I have tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the Firefox and installing it again after that also I didn’t get any issue now after doing that I have checked that my whole laptop was slowing down and everything was opening very slowly and then I have done backup of all the data and reinstalled the fresh copy of windows. Now after doing this I am not facing any issue with my laptop and Mozilla browser. Thank you so much for helping me and giving me all useful information.