Thread: CSS Background pictures in Firefox Browser

CSS Background pictures in Firefox Browser

Hello, I have HTML based website and I want to add a small CSS file in the coding thus I can change the background of each pages in my website, and can learn more about that, and off course after adding that the pages will look great. but I am not aware how to put that background through the coding and for that I have searched on the internet about that, and I seen that there is some problems with the internet Explorer, I mean to say it can’t load this pictures, isn’t it?

Re: CSS Background pictures in Firefox Browser

Yeah that’s good idea that you can simply add pictures in the background and it will surely enhanced you pages too, but I am not getting that you want to do this for the particular pages or pages in the entire website? Because see if you want to do the same for only particular page, then you can make changes for that page only, and you won’t have to add the CSS files in the coding, and after all adding CSS to the Existing project is quite difficult, but yeah it is possible if you want to change it for the entire website.

I am agree with the above user as if suppose you want to add picture in entire website then you have to put the CSS files which contains this coding,

Code:
    body 
    { 
    background-color:000000; 
    background-attachment: fixed; 
    background-image: url(IMAGES/sunset.jpg);
    background-repeat: no-repeat; 
    background-position: top left;
    }
    In this the main thing is the background URL and another are just the properties of the picture, you can avoid that also.

If you just want the background picture to come into view on a only page , then you have to enclose the code by the tag called <style> tags, and this tag you have to put in the place between the document's <head> tags. And the keyword would be same, like or you can simply use the line,

Code:
    <body background="/images/picture_name.jpg">,
    the address may change as you have to do enter according to the picture location in your machine.

The code is simple but as you are confused about the browser setting, then I would say you just have to make some setting in the code itself, you can set some width and height thus the pages will open perfectly in internet explorer only, and By the way I would say why you are worry about that as that’s the users choice to use which browser, and as far as I know, no one uses that’s traditional browser however.

There is problem in some of the content only in the browser such as table and list in the page but for that also you have setting, that you can made, simply follow this

Code:
    <table width="150" cellpadding"0" cellspacing="0" border="0" height="1400">
    You can set the table width and height also as mentioned by the above user.

Hey thanks guys as however you have mentioned I have done the changes in my program and really the pages looks very good rather I would say no one will say that the website is older, as it looks new though. And I have some doubt like can we use more than one CSS files with the pages in the websites? Because if suppose we want to add some other things apart from the images, how can we do that?