Thread: Gmail web link not working in Firefox 5

Gmail web link not working in Firefox 5

Hello friends I am using Macbook pro laptop with snow leopard operating system and I normally use my laptop for watching movies and surfing on the internet like checking my mail box and doing social networking. I was using Mozilla Firefox 3 in my laptop and all the things were going fine. But after upgrading my browser to 5.0 I am facing one issue. Now whenever I click on the Gmail link from the Google home page at that time it not redirecting me to that page. Please tell me what I should do to fix this problem.

Re: Gmail web link not working in Firefox 5

I have gone through your problem and I think you have to first check that the problem which you are facing is occurring with Mozilla Firefox only or you are getting this problem with other browser also. First try to open the Gmail link with other browser also and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. If you didn’t get the same problem with other browser then I think your Mozilla browser has some issue.

As far as I know this kind of problem occurs due to cookies and cache in your browser and I think you can solve this problem by clearing the Cookies and cache from your browser. You can clear the cookies and cache from your browser by clicking on to the Firefox button and after that click on the history option and then select the clear recent history option. I think after doing that you will be able to open the Gmail link from Goggles home page.

I have tried to open the Gmail link from Google home page by using Safari browser in my laptop and I was able to open that perfectly but not with the Mozilla Firefox browser. Now after doing that have also tried to solve this problem by clearing the cookies and cache In my computer but after that also I get the same problem. if anyone have any more solution then please help me.

As you have said that you are able to open the Gmail link from safari browser then it means there is nothing wrong with your laptop but there might be something wrong with your browser only. I think you should first remove the Mozilla Firefox your laptop and after that restart the laptop and then download the new installer file of Mozilla Firefox from its official web site and after that install it in your laptop and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. I think after doing that you will not get the same problem.

After referring your post I have tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the Mozilla Firefox from my laptop and after that I have restart the laptop and after that I have opened the Mozilla Firefox website and after that I have downloaded Mozilla Firefox installer file and then I have installed it in my laptop. Now after doing that all the things are working fine. Thank you much for helping me.