Thread: Poor Add-ons for firefox 5

Poor Add-ons for firefox 5

I have recently updated my Mozilla Firefox browser from 3.6 to Mozilla Firefox 5 and after that browser was working perfectly and I like all the changes in browser nut I am facing some issues with my add-ons. In my Browser I am not able to use some add-ons like AVG Safe Search, AVG Security Toolbar, RealPlayer Browser and Google Toolbar. My browser is saying that this add-ons are incompatible with Mozilla Firefox 5 please help me out to solve this problem.

Re: Poor Add-ons for firefox 5

I think you should try to solve this problem by updating your Add-ons. You can update your add-ons by going in to the Mozilla Add-ons window and after clicking on the update Add-ons option. Now after doing that it will update all the Add-ons and you will be able to use them in to your browser. I hope after doing that your problem will get solved. If you want to know anything more about then please let me know.

I have tried to solve this problem by updating the Firefox Add-ons and after that my Google toolbar started working normally but other add-ons are still giving me the same problem. Now please tell me what I should do to fix this problem. When I click on the Add-on update at that time at that time Google toolbar updated automatically but in other add-ons it is saying that there are no updates available. Is there any other way to solve this problem then please let me know?

I am aware of the problem which you are facing in your Mozilla Firefox 5.0 and I think you should try to solve this problem by installing Add-on Compatibility Reporter 0.8.5. This add-on will notify you about which add-on update is available which is compatible with current version of your browser. I think this add-on will allow you to solve this problem. if there are no updates available for your Add-ons then you have to wait for the updates to come for your respective add-on.

You can try to solve the problem of real player add-on by uninstalling the real player from your computer and after that downloading the latest version of real player from internet which is real player 14. Now after downloading that you have to remove current real player plug-in from your Firefox also and after doing that you have to install the new real player in your computer and after that you have to restart the computer and then open the Mozilla Firefox. Now after opening the Mozilla Firefox you have to check whether updated real player plug-in is there or not. I think this solution will solve your problem.

If you want to upgrade the AVG related add-ons in your Mozilla Firefox then you have to first confirm that whether AVG has updated their plug-in which is compatible with the latest version of Mozilla Firefox or not. if this plug- in is not updated from the AVG yet then I think you have to wait for the updates and if you want to work with AVG Safe Search, AVG Security Toolbar then I think you should switch back to the old version of Mozilla till AVG updates their add-ons. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

Thank you so much for giving me the solution. After reading your post I have downloaded real player from my internet and then I have installed it in my computer and after that when I checked about real player plug-in at that time I noticed that it was working fine with Mozilla Firefox 5. I have also checked about AVG updates and I have came to know that current plug-in is not compatible with this version of Mozilla and they are working on this issue.