Thread: Mozilla Firefox 5 has disabled few addons

Mozilla Firefox 5 has disabled few addons

Hey guys, I recently ended up installing the newest Mozilla Firefox 5 web browser in my Windows XP running computer. I used the earlier version of Firefox in my system and liked it very much. That was the only reason I opted for the new Firefox as well. Now I was trying to add few addons / extensions in my Firefox 5 browser but nothing was happening. I was unable to add any addons/extensions to my browser. Can anyone tell me what must be the issue with the firefox or the addons? Please guide me.

Re: Mozilla Firefox 5 has disabled few addons

You should make sure that you have installed the right version of Mozilla Firefox in your system. By right version I mean that check whether you have installed the beta version or the final version of the Firefox web browser. If you find that you have been using the beta or the alpha version of the Mozilla in your system, then most probably, you will be requiring to unsinatall that beta version and install the final version of Mozilla Firefox in your system. Beta version is missing few features, whereas the final version will be having all the features.

I would recommend you to uninstall the Mozilla Firefox 5.0 which you have installed in your system. Do a clean uninstallation. By clean installation, I mean that you should delete even all the files and folders which are related to Mozilla. Once you have completed the following, reinstall the browser in your system. This time make sure that you are not facing any type of issue, any compatibility issue, while you are installing the Mozilla firefox browser in your Windows XP running system

Incompatibility among different add-on along with the Mozilla browser seems to be an increasing issue these days. I am also unable to add any extensions/addons to my Mozilla Firefox 5.0 web browser. So what I did is, installed an earlier version of Mozilla Firefox in my system and use the earlier version of Mozilla. Older version of Mozilla is having support for all the addons and extensions. So, until the problem gets solved in the new Mozilla firefox 5.0, you must continue using the earlier version of Firefox.

According to me you are facing the issue because you are trying to add some extensions or addons which are not supported by your Mozilla Firefox browser. You should visit the official website of Mozilla Firefox and search for the addons and extensions compatible for the Mozilla firefox 5.0 from there. All the addons/extensions provided on the Mozilla website will surely be supported by the Firefox 5.0. Try out them and check whether you are able to add addons or not.

I also tried adding few addons and toolbars in my Mozilla Firefox 5.0. but was unable to do so. According to me this is an issue from the Mozilla side itself. So, you should probably wait for the Mozilla officials to solve the compatibility issue between Firefox 5.0 and other addons and toolbars. You will probably, have to wait for Mozilla to release any new update which might be fixing this problem of incompatible addons and extensions in Mozilla Firefox 5 web browser

In order to check the compatibility issue between the Mozilla Firefox 5.0 and the add-ons/ extensions which can be added to the Mozilla browser, I would recommend you to install the following Addon Compatibility Reporter extension. This will allow you to add new add-ons and extensions in your browser and check the report in order to find out whether the addons will be working fine with the Mozilla Firefox 5.0 web browser or not.

Hey everyone thank you for the support. I really appreciate your help. Now, I am also feeling that this is some kind of issue with the Mozilla Firefox 5.0 browser only. It is showing so many issues while we try to attach new addons/ extensions to the browser. And yes, the Add-on Compatibility Reporter extension seems to be very helpful. It really worked well in showing how any addon will work when they will be attached to the new Mozilla browser.