Thread: Not able to delete spam addresses in Hotmail Contacts.

Not able to delete spam addresses in Hotmail Contacts.

Hi I have been using Hotmail for mailing purpose form past few years. It worked really well but from past one week I am facing a Spam problem with my Hotmail account. I have been noticing some spam addresses that are automatically added in my Hotmail Contact list, whereas I had never added any of such addresses in my contact list. I get these spam contacts visible only whenever I try to compose a new message. Whereas, these contacts are not visible in my Contacts folder. Is there any way to delete these spam address?

Re: Not able to delete spam addresses in Hotmail Contacts.

Hi even I am facing similar problem with my Hotmail account since yesterday. I suddenly noticed some new contacts in my contact list while I was creating a new message. And those contacts were never added by me on my contact list, so I found them as to be a spam contacts. I even tried deleting them but was not able to delete them. And as of today when I opened my Hotmail account I found some more new spam contacts were added again! Is there any way to get rid of this spam contacts?

Have you ever shared your logging details to anyone? Or have you logging your account through any unknown server? As this could have hacked your account, due to which you are getting these spam contacts added in your contact list on your Hotmail account. So to avoid this spam contacts I would suggest you to reset your password and kindly do not share it with anyone.

Spam issue has become most common these days, so to secure your account and stop these spam contacts that gets added to your account please follow the below steps to avoid this spam issue. To resolve it, please reject the invitation that you get as Invitation pages.
    Please follow these steps:
    Click on Contacts option.
    Then click on View invitations.
    Select Groups.
    Click on the “No, thanks” thanks option.
    This would reject all the unwanted invitations and also avoid spam contacts.