Thread: not able to add New Bookmarks on yahoo toolbar

not able to add New Bookmarks on yahoo toolbar

Hi have been using Yahoo toolbar from past few years on my windows 7 with Internet Explorer 9. As after updating with the newest version I am not able to add any f the new bookmarks on my Yahoo bookmark folder that was recently created by me. The bookmark window gets closed whenever I try to click on the option “Add page to the folder” in the bookmark folder. Is there any way to stop bookmark window from getting exit and add a new bookmark to it? Please help with your suggestions.

Re: not able to add New Bookmarks on yahoo toolbar

As you said that the problem started after updating to the latest version of Yahoo toolbar, it may be that there might have occurred an error during the update of the yahoo toolbar. Had you updated yahoo toolbar from the official site as updating from any of the unofficial site may affect your system as a result this could have affected four Yahoo toolbar. So I would like to request you re-update the Yahoo toolbar from the official site.

Did you try blocking pop-up on your Internet Explorer? As Internet Explorer has built in pop-up blocker that will block all unwanted pop-up. And you can even manage with all your bookmarks and favorites you can even exit your yahoo toolbar as the only thing that a toolbar does is track all your web traffic back to the toolbar maker. Kindly block your pop-ups on your Internet Explorer and try adding new bookmark on your Yahoo toolbar hope it works.

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I had tried blocking all the pop-up on Internet Explorer but even after blocking the pop-up when I tried adding any new bookmark on my Yahoo toolbar my bookmark window used to get exit. So I thought that a update can help so I even tried re-updating the Yahoo toolbar and reinstall the latest version but even that didn’t help? Is there any other way to which I can add the new bookmark on the Yahoo toolbar.

Can you please tell me that do you require Yahoo toolbar on your Internet Explorer? As the latest version of Internet Explorer toolbar has all the functions that a Yahoo toolbar has, you can add as many bookmarks as you want on Internet Explorer and can manage them properly. As even I have been using Yahoo toolbar but now recently I have stopped using it and now using only Internet Explorer and now all my bookmarks are well arranged on Internet Explorer.

No I don’t use Yahoo Toolbar much but I mostly use it because I really like the Bookmarks part of it also, and it has now become an habit of using Yahoo toolbar as I have been using it from past many years and I have all my bookmarks well arranged and labeled as I like. But as you said that the new Internet Explorer 9 has a perfectly adequate popup blocker so as now I am planning to completely switch over to Internet Explorer.