Thread: Mozilla Firefox 5.0 supports which version of IDM

Mozilla Firefox 5.0 supports which version of IDM

Hey guys, I have been using the Mozilla firefox 3.60 in my Window 7 running system for last few months. But two days ago, I got a notification that new update for the Mozilla Firefox is available. So I downloaded the Mozilla firefox 5.0 in my computer and installed in my system. But now I am facing an issue while I am trying to download files from internet by using the Internet Download Manager (IDM) in my firefox browser. So, I just wanted to know, which version of IDM is compatible with the new Firefox 5.0, so that I can download my files easily without any issue from Internet using the Mozilla browser.

Re: Mozilla Firefox 5.0 supports which version of IDM

I am not sure about the Mozilla Firefox 5.0 browser, but as far as I know the Internet Download Manager will surely be compatible with Firefox web browser. I am saying this because, I am using the Mozilla Firefox 4 and it is running smoothly along with the IDM application. So I would definitely suggest you to install the Internet Download Manager, which is the latest version available in the market and check whether it is working well with the Firefox 5.0 or not.

Unfortunately, I would like to inform you that recently I came across the add-ons page which has a list of all the add-ons and extensions which are compatible and which are not compatible with the new Mozilla Firefox 5.0. And after seeing that list, I can just say you that the Internet Download Manager (IDM) 7.2.8 is not compatible with the new Mozilla browser. So, in this you cannot the IDM in the new Firefox, but I would suggest you to atleast try using the earlier version of IDM in this Firefox 5.0. Who knows it might work.

I am also facing the same issue and in this case the only solution which worked for me is the get the earlier version of Mozilla Firefox in my system and run the following instead of this newest firefox which is deprived of many other features as compared to its earlier counterparts. You can find the setup for the earlier version of Firefox on the official website of Mozilla firefox. Make sure that you have not selected the Auto update option, or else no meaning you installing earlier version of Firefox, because if auto update is ON, your system will automatically install the new updates thus again creating the issues.

That was very kind of you guys. I am seriously irritated with the Mozilla Firefox at the moment. I am unable to understand, what would have gone wrong, if the Mozilla officials had released the new version of Mozilla Firefox later when it had all the earlier features along with the new ones installed in it. Now this problem with it is making troubles for me and many others like me. Anyways thank you who had showed interest in my issue. Anways I wanted to know is there any workaround of using IDM?

If you seriously want to use the Internet Download Manager in order to download and save all the files from Internet, then I would recommend you to either install and earlier version of Mozilla Firefox in your system or else you can download and install some another web browser like the IE, Opera or Google Chrome and try running the IDM in them. Doing this will probably save lots of your time. Also you can also wait for the IDM to solve the issue with the newest Mozilla Firefox 5.0.

The only possible solution which I can give to everyone with this issue is to continue using the earlier version of Mozilla Firefox in order to make use of the IDM . Or else you will have to wait for the official of Internet Download Manager to upgrade their application and update its addon in the new Firefox browser. Mozilla won’t be solving this issue as the problem is with another company’s product and not it’s. Until then make use of the Compatibility Reporter add-on to enable the toolbar in your new Mozilla Firefox 5.0.