Thread: Why flash versions above 9 are stuttering

Why flash versions above 9 are stuttering

I guess it is necessary to mention my system specifications. The processor is Q6700 which I have overclocked, RAM memory is 4GB DDR2 frequency 800MHz, graphic card is of Asus EAH5830 having 1GB memory and using windows Vista 32bit operating system and the main thing is that browser I am using is Firefox. The problem I am facing is that when I am using any new version of flash player for e.g. 10 then I am getting stuttering. I am able to use flash 9 very efficiently, but with all versions above 9 are stuttering. So please help me to solve the issue.

Re: Why flash versions above 9 are stuttering

It seems to be an interesting query here. Basically everyone needs to update to a newer version of flash. I know that there are many features which flash 9 is lacking and obviously everyone wants to upgrade to newer one to enjoy using such features. What I think here is that you are facing these stuttering issues because the browser version you are using is out dated. So first update your Firefox browser and after that try installing the flash player.

I have heard about the same problem before. Then after recollecting about that I knew that this problem was once occurred with internet explorer. So in that case as the flash version was newer so the change was to be made in internet explorer, and the requirement is to enable the shockwave flash plug-in. so similarly just check that in your Firefox browser, which means non IE one, that shockwave flash plug-in is enabled in the browser.

Well I am also facing the stuttering issues. It usually occurs when repeating an previously loaded SWF file. I have made an effort stopping the animation a many times and waiting but it did nil. I have merely become aware of this happen with SWF files by means of the animation which I described prior to it. The stuttering is similar to losing alternate frame of the animation: poorer fps but constant, not classic of low performance. The problem is with flash 10 and with flash 9 it is entirely smooth.

As you are having flash player installed on your system, so I guess that there is no problem with flash player. As now the problem is with the newer flash version, I believe that there is some settings problem with your browser. May be some of the setting would be conflicting and thus due to that the stuttering problem may arise. So what I recommend is to remove any add-on whose job is similar to flash player. Like there is Real player, Skype or any.

The other thing except removing add-on is to disable the hardware acceleration on the browser. You must know that it is the root cause for such problems. The second thing I tell you is that try to boot in the safe mode, thus when you are inside the minima configuration area, then try to install the Flash player you want. I hope that possibly you will be able to get the flash 10 on your system and then after going to normal configuration you will enjoy these features.

The thing you should try is to disable all the non essential plug-ins. For e.g. aero, YouTube. Then as you have mentioned your system configuration you should update your system drivers. The most recommended one is to update your graphic driver, I am telling you to do this because once I got the problem with my nVidia graphic card and after doing this I was able to get rid of this stuttering problem with my flash player.

I would specify some of the steps and hope that you follow these steps and possibly your problem may be resolved.
    1. First of all go to the preferences of your browser, I mean the settings of it.
    2. Then you have to locate your browser’s advanced settings.
    3. Then from the list of options you have to select Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering option.
    4. After that apply all the settings to take effect.
    5. Start your browser again.