Thread: Need updates and workarounds for flash Player 10.3 and Internet Explorer 9

Need updates and workarounds for flash Player 10.3 and Internet Explorer 9

I am using Microsoft explorer 9 web browser on my computer running windows XP OS. Recently I have installed flash player 10.3 version. While I watch some content on flash player then the content is been displayed on the upper left corner of the screen. I am looking for these solutions over internet, but was not able to find the needed one. So I hope I would get the same over here. I have heard that there are some solutions for such problems so please let me know these updates and workarounds for this version.

Re: Need updates and workarounds for flash Player 10.3 and Internet Explorer 9

I also use the flash player. This player uses system’s graphics hardware to speed up video decoding, and also know how to also increase speed of video presentation on particular sites. I have recently updated to Flash Player 10.3.181.14 and found that there are some bugs with this version. Well after looking some sites I found that such problems can be avoided by cleaning the cache of the browser. So just clear the cache and then start your system again and then check for the same again.

Flash Player takes the benefit of hardware accelerated video in Internet Explorer 9, making use of hardware rendering surfaces to advance graphics performance. Flash Player 10.2 works awesome with internet explorer. But Flash Player 10.3.181.14 committee has cleared that this version reports bugs with internet explorer and also the systems having Intel HD graphics adapters. Thus in order to get rid of this problem you should disable hardware acceleration in your browser.

After looking around for this query, this problem is been found on the system with Intel graphics adapter but not with all the systems using it. I have searched that the system with adapter version below 8.15.10.2361 this causes this problem. Thus the issue can be solved by updating the Intel graphic adapter. You can get the updates from the manufacturer website and then install the same on your computer, soon after this the problem get resolved.

There are several users who are getting this problem, this is because there flash player is getting updated by using automatic update notification. Temporarily the problem can be resolved by uninstalling the current version of the flash player and then downgrading to older version of flash player, may be 10.2. After installing the flash player you should disable the automatic update so that you don’t again get updated to that version.

The video playback problem exists with this version of flash player. The feature of accelerating video is nice, but there seems to be a problem while playing videos. So should disable the hardware acceleration of flash player. This could be done by going to settings of player by right clicking on it, then uncheck the hardware acceleration. If this doesn’t help then the video driver i.e. the graphic card driver of your system should be updated.

I have found many users doing windows update in order to update their system. But the actual thing here is that Microsoft windows update does not update the device driver. Thus these drivers are still having the same version. So for that one should manually update all these drivers manually by going to device manager and then selecting the update driver option. Else switching the browser would be better, as this problem is only with internet explorer, so you can try for Mozilla Firefox.

As you are having the problem with the flash player 10.3 version and thus I have found a temporarily fix for this problem. For this you have to open your browser, I mean internet explorer and then go to its settings using options from tools menu. Then click on use software rendering by selecting the advanced tab from the browser. Finally update these settings on your browser by applying them and restart your browser to see the changes for this problem.

How are you guys getting IE9 to run on XP??

A friend of mine tried to install on XP and it said Win7 is needed...

Please do tell how your getting around this!! (PM ME if you dont want everyone to know)
    Last edited by Dude111; 26-06-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Yeah, i too think that is not at all compatible with Windows XP. But here i found an Article saying that you can install/Run it on Windows XP SP3. Here it is: How to install Internet Explorer 9 on windows XP .

Lets see if anyone else tried and did it successfully.

Ity is amazing how many i have seen on this site saying they have IE9 running on XP...

The only way i can see them doing this is SPOOFING THE OS VERSION when installing!