Thread: Need to remove SKYPE Icon/code from Web Pages

Need to remove SKYPE Icon/code from Web Pages

Hello friends I have a problem here. Well I need to eliminate or immobilize the code that puts Skype in every issue of my HTML pages. I have a particular site, this is left to design the page, and I have to remove as soon as possible. I do not know if there is any way to do it or not, but if anyone has any solutions for this, then no reply as soon as possible. Please answer it's urgent. Thank you.

Re: Need to remove SKYPE Icon/code from Web Pages

This is the reason by the Skype browser add-on you set up when you install Skype. There are several ways to disable it. First through your browser options, instructions depend on the browser you are using. Next, remove the plug-in, this can be done via the Control Panel, then Add / Remove Programs list, is somewhat like "Skype add-on for". Uninstall Skype, now is to reinstall, but this time in the first installation window is the "Options" button, click it and choose to install the browser add-on. I think the option is there anyhow, if no then at some point throughout installation.

If you have Skype installed the Firefox extension (usually during the installation of Skype) must also have a Skype icon on your Firefox toolbar. Sometimes you have to "modify" the Firefox toolbar to find the icon when you select the down arrow on this icon gives you three basic options: Vary the default country of this website. See the help guide. Remove Skype extension for Firefox. But also remember that this icon allows you to activate the function on and off while viewing a Web page you want.

I can say it is difficult for people to understand that some people create websites for other people, and we can not uninstall Skype worldwide plug-in. Let that sink in a minute or two and here is the solution for the rest of you: Add the following to all its pages.
    <meta name="SKYPE_TOOLBAR" content ="SKYPE_TOOLBAR_PARSER_COMPATIBLE"/>
    This will help you to get rid of the issue which you are facing. Thus I hope that it works for you.

I am also responsible for a public website used by over 50,000 people each month. Skype breaks the website. Is the format of account numbers, phone numbers? My account numbers are links to the following website now by clicking the account number is to call Australia! I cannot find / say 50,000 people to turn off Skype and to be sure, many do not have Skype loaded on your PC, but for those who use IE and I made a change last month to add: at the top of my html.
    <meta name="SKYPE_TOOLBAR" content ="SKYPE_TOOLBAR_PARSER_COMPATIBLE"/>

If you want to get rid of the icon for Skype from a phone number then go to website: IE8/tools/manage add-ons/scroll to plug-in Skype and click to clear. If you are a business and want the area then do the same to enable it. Even if it had been deactivated before, this new version of Skype added again, so you have to turn it off again. I have tried this and is working fine. I hope that it works for you too.

Well I found another option which is working great. You must definitely try it as it really works. It’s a CSS trick for Web Developers to immobilize phone number recognition by Skype browser add-on e.g. avoids "Skype Call" buttons: Just insert invisible <span> inside phone number:
    +123 <span style="display:none;">NoSkype</span> 456 789
    I have heard that this has helped most of the people. You will get this when you try it. All the best!