Thread: CloudMe: Network error with Authenticate webdav

CloudMe: Network error with Authenticate webdav

I have spent my two hours to try to backup all the important data as fo my laptop as it was about to crash. While doing that, It gets overheated and turned off suddenly. After that, I installed the webdav to take back up of some of the files but it shows me the error as below.

Network Error
    Windows cannot access \\webdav.cloudme.com
    Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click diagnose.
    Error code 0x80070043
    The network name cannot be found.

I am having the Windows Vista Home Premium Version 32 installed in my computer and using the Google Chrome browser. Please help me to resolve this.

re: CloudMe: Network error with Authenticate webdav

There is one way by which you will be able to test that. Just disable any of the third party firewall completely but perform this if some other protection is there in your system similar to the built-in Windows firewall otherwise the NAT (Network Address Translation) router. There are a few firewalls (Norton comes to mind) inflict havoc even if that is disabled. You might have to uninstall it completely to make things functional. I am not very sure about this but you can try it once for sure.

As you told that you are having the Windows vista installed in your computer so what you can do is just make sure that Network Discovery is set to ON and the Network is set to the private and File sharing is ON. Other than this, you should make sure that Public Folder sharing is also ON and password Protection is ON. If you are having this ON and no matching usernames/passwords set up, you will be prompted for the username and password.

Networking is very bad in the Windows from any of the version from 3.0 to Windows 7. Anyway, my suggestion to you is to do the following and see if that helps you or not.
    • Disable the firewall as well as av software on your machine.
    • Make sure that the User ID and password are correct.
    • Make use of the windows explorer beside the directory > properties and activate the sharing and add the username.
    • On the computer having Windows vista, make use of the explorer > map network drive.

You can as well immobilize the file sharing within the network center make sure if file sharing is really turned on both sides. I am not very sure that if the updates ruined something. Verify that you are having the most recent windows updates. If you are not having the updated windows then update that and then try to do the same. See if that helps you or not. I wish that this will resolve the problem.

Re: CloudMe: Network error with Authenticate webdav

Support for WebDAV is accessible on numerous platforms to create a cross platform resolution. However, like all things Internet-related safety is a problem, especially if the information is confidential. However, companies always need to share information and work with outsiders. It can be very difficult to collaborate with others, and still be able to authenticate users. How do you know that users do not share a password? However, you do not want to provide a hardware token to an employee for a project not particularly short, as you will most likely never recover.

Re: CloudMe: Network error with Authenticate webdav

Support for WebDAV is accessible on numerous platforms to create a cross platform resolution. However, like all things Internet-related safety is a problem, especially if the information is confidential. However, companies always need to share information and work with outsiders. It can be very difficult to collaborate with others, and still be able to authenticate users. How do you know that users do not share a password? However, you do not want to provide a hardware token to an employee for a project not particularly short, as you will most likely never recover.