Thread: Need to Turnoff Auto-complete in Opera browser

Need to Turnoff Auto-complete in Opera browser

I have a computer which is running windows7 operating system and I am using it since last 6 months. I normally use my computer for internet surfing, gaming, downloading contents and also I use it for chatting purpose. Recently I installed Opera browser in my computer, it was working properly in my computer and the speed of opera web browser is good enough but recently I came across a problem of Auto complete suggestion that comes while searching, when I log in to my Account. So now I don’t want this auto complete suggestion .so please help me out regarding this problem.

Re: Need to Turnoff Auto-complete in Opera browser

As you are talking about your problem, by looking into your problem is does not seem to be much complicated but you have not provided with the details of your browser like version which you are using, and I windows7 it should not be a problem. Though keeping aside this information I would suggest you in general that this auto complete suggestion is by default on in the Different browser, so you can set this auto complete suggestion off from your browser option.

As you are using opera browser in windows7, opera runs fine in windows7 and the speed of opera is quite good and runs smoothly you should not face such problem, and in opera auto complete suggestion is on for Server Name Completion. If you want to turn off this server name completion in your Opera web browser then you can do this by going in to Setting in your browser after that go to preferences -> Advanced -> Network -> in network click on server name completion (button) -> uncheck the “Try name completion, using” .

Your problem is a general problem that many of them encounter during their browsing on different web browser, this browser problem normally comes when your browsing is not deleted for a month or more than that, so I would first recommend you to delete your browsing history from your browser. You can delete your browsing history by going into option and in option go to preferences and from preferences go to Advanced and in advance tab go to History and empty the browsing history.

Your problem is not much complicated because it is general problem and some want this auto complete suggestion on because it makes search easy for the user , user do not have to type everything in the search box. Though if you don’t want this auto complete suggestion then delete your browsing History, Cookies, cache and unwanted content .you can do this by simply going into the option -> Setting -> preferences -> go in advanced tab in this tab you can find browsing, Cookies and if you want to clear Downloading history then here you can do that. Hope this information might be useful for you.