Thread: Need to know about Max total connection and max connection to a server

Need to know about Max total connection and max connection to a server

I just want to know that are there any tweaks in some area to maximize and have an improved quicker loading of pages in my 1 MB broadband connection? Well I was looking for a tweak and reach across this site:
    GPRS:
    Max connections to a server 2
    Max total connections 4

Internet 256 kbps
    Max connections to a server 8
    Max total connections 64

Internet 512 kbps
    Max connections to a server16
    Max total connections 64

Internet 1Mb - 2Mb
    Max connections to a server 20
    Max total connections 128

Internet faster than 2Mb set depending on the quality of our connection. If there are no problems with our internet provider, we set: Max connections to server64 Max total connections 128. If there are problems, we set as the 1Mb-2Mb
    You know I have been observing a massive difference in loading pages even in YouTube its like instantly without cache. Well I am using Opera with Windows 7 X86 SP1. Thus I need to know is my setup is good enough or bad.

Re: Need to know about Max total connection and max connection to a server

Great site, however many of the recommendations are controversial. It may also suggest blocking ads, because the load will take more time, then the blockade. As a filter generally short, but effective I would recommend this blog in Tamil. Enabling the caps on demand (preferences [Ctrl + F12] -> Advanced -> Content -> Enable plug-ins only on demand) will disable loading of plug-in by default, but can be enabled by clicking the necessary them. However, in some workplaces with the hidden plug-in, this makes the feature off.

You can also completely disable JavaScript, but further break sites. You can disable the loading of favicons (set of Preferences [Ctrl + F12] -> Advanced -> Find -> page icons "No Icons"). They disable the icons in the tabs (they will all be similar), and probably will save you a 1000-byte file download at each visit to the site first. As the radical measure, you can disable the loading of images, as most of them can be loaded with a right click and select empty area of the image charge.

When I test a few years ago, the fastest downloads from a single server was between 4 and 8 persistent HTTP connections, which corresponds to twice that in the preferences is to say, 8 or 16 maximum connections per server. Opening many connections to a single server takes time, and can reduce performance rather than improve, because the time spent creating the connection in place could have been used to send the request to the server via a connection and established, and the server can send the response began before the other connections had finished setting, and the request can be sent. In addition, each connection socket, RAM memory resources and processing on the server that could have been used to give a faster response in place.

Note that any number of servers to push hard if you open too many connections, and could be considered part of a DoS attack. The best only slowed down because the server closes the connection, at worst, your IP address will be blacklisted and you cannot reach the site at all. The total number of connections is a different matter, and this is where you can, to some extent increase, but does not really matter if you load lots of pages simultaneously. With 16 max connections to a site, 8 is normally used, which means you can have 8 connections to 16 different sites in parallel to 128 the total number of connections are used, the load of 128 resources (images, documents, scripts, etc. ) in parallel.

However, there is a drawback to have many open connections and download a lot of facts about them: it could slow down your connection to the network significantly, due to problems in the management of network congestion, a problem called "buffer swelling.” This problem was discovered in the last year or so, and is partly caused by the transfer of many open connections a relatively large total data and can lead to delays of several seconds (> 5 years) of data transfers. IMO performance depends heavily load well than how a website is structured.

Unfortunately if you are using a (local) proxy by setting 16 max connections to a site, 16 will also be the number of max total connections since (local) proxies are treated as ordinary servers. Even more problematic if not impossible in this case is to find an appropriate number for max persistent connections. Any hope that Opera will get an option to not treat a (local) proxy as an ordinary one?