Thread: Opera is connecting to port 2869 while opening WMP

Opera is connecting to port 2869 while opening WMP

I am having some problem with the Opera browser and WMP. If the opera browser is opened and I tried to run the WMP in that then I get the firewall notification that says connecting to the port 2869. If the browser is closed and then I open the WMP then it does not shows me any such firewall notification. Please tell me that what can be the problem with that. If the problem is with the WMP player or it is the problem with the Opera browser. I will appreciate each reply on this. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Opera is connecting to port 2869 while opening WMP

I think that either Opera needs to communicate to WMP otherwise WMP need to communicate to Opera. What you can do is just try to modify the default located browser to IE otherwise something else and Check if that is showing you the same notification again or not. I mean run the opera in background and then open the WMP to check if that does the same thing. Other than this, you may have to block the port 80 which is there on explorer.exe.

If this is the local address then I am not certain that why this is happening to you because local URLs will just function as of the machine. It can also not related to the WMP because 2869 is nothing but the default port intended for the Opera Unite services. It is used to locate other computers which are there on the local network having Unite services. So in short there is nothing to do with the WMP in your case. It is the problem with the Opera and you should consider to solve the problem from opera.

You can do one thing, Just click on the Unite icon that is there in the status bar of your browser and you will see one option as "Discover Local Opera Unite Users" and uncheck that. It must me the first item in the list of options. Save the changes and restart the browser. There is more possibility that this will resolve the problem. Try this before doing any major changes in the browser settings. This is not the default setting for the browser; you will have to do that yourself.

I think that you are using the old version of the WMP and so if you open the WMP then it tries to connect to the internet for the update. So my suggestion to you to uninstall the WMP from your computer and install the latest version of that available. I think that this can let you out of the trouble that you are facing. It can be taken as one of the possible solutions for this problem. See if that helps you or not.

I think that you are using the old version of the WMP and so if you open the WMP then it tries to connect to the internet for the update. So my suggestion to you to uninstall the WMP from your computer and install the latest version of that available. I think that this can let you out of the trouble that you are facing. It can be taken as one of the possible solutions for this problem. See if that helps you or not.