Thread: Skype Has Stopped Working

Skype Has Stopped Working

I am running Windows 7 64 bit and have not installed SP1 up till now. I have attached the file records of several of the last times I tried to unlock it. Any help is deeply respected. I was running Skype in compatibility mode for Windows Vista SP2. This is because Skype for Windows 7 is absurd and does not leave the taskbar and functioning in compatibility mode operation allows you to take out the taskbar. Anyone have any idea how I solve this issue?

Re: Skype Has Stopped Working

I had the Skype trouble, it initiate with the dll then later than login it crash, uninstall and reinstall did not fix, so under irritation I wish to run it beneath XP mode (I have windows 7 x64 sp1. My other XP PC work flawlessly), and discover it is previously check on the comparability’s for XP mode, so I unmark it and the Skype is functioning fine now. Or just try this: Advanced options. Unmark "Keep Skype in taskbar ...”. I just wish this work for all.

Just attempt below steps, if you are a windows user, Skype will start functioning well again:

1. If the Skype icon is exhibited in the system plate at the bottom right of the screen, right-click it and choose Quit.
    2. Click on Start, enter "run" and push Enter.
    3. Enter "%appdata%\Skype" and click OK.
    4. Place and remove the file shared.xml. The file may be exhibited as shared if file extensions are not exhibited by default on your PC.
    5. If you cannot locate this file: Click on Start, enter "run" and push Enter. Enter "control folders" and after that click OK. In the View tab, make sure that Show hidden files and folders is facilitated. Repeat the commands from the starting.
    6. Restart Skype.

Later than spending 5 hours on this and attempting each fix out there to no benefit, I have lastly fixed it. This is what executed for me:
    1. First just right click on your display adapter in device manager
    2. After that modernize driver, browse for driver
    3. Let me choose from a list
    4. Choose standard VGA Graphics Adapter
    5. Click then next
    6. Lastly reboot

This is a work around but it’s the just thing which worked for me. Just try this.

I have windows 7 and later than an automatic windows upgrade my Skype prevent to unlock “Skype has stopped functioning". I have installed Ad-aware and a latest antivirus that has removed a few Trojans and so on. But the trouble at a standstill continues after that. Then I have follow a few advises on this page and the trouble at a standstill there. My solution: Right click on the Skype - Properties- Compatibility- I have distorted to windows 7-you may necessitate selecting the right one for you- after that Apply.