Thread: Opera saves full sized copy of thumbnail images to "icons" folder

Opera saves full sized copy of thumbnail images to "icons" folder

I am using the Opera 11.10 and I noticed that it is loading single images. It is showing every image as a thumbnail in their tab as well as saves a full-sized copy in the folder for icon here "\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Opera\Opera\icons". Please tell me some way by which I can disable this feature. I do not want the second cache. This is very annoying issue. I will appreciate each reply for this problem. Thank you in advance.

Re: Opera saves full sized copy of thumbnail images to "icons" folder

I don't believe it’s a second cache. If you clean your cache then the vast "thumbnails" will be removed but I concur that this is unnecessary. Thumbnails for cached images are utilized when hovering tabs though you have "Thumbnails within tabs" disabled. I am not able to understand that why does Opera require to maintain a complete sized copy of image? That is inefficient if user limits cache amount. I run Opera with 4 Gbyte encrypted drive, therefore space is not unrestricted. It’s as well used through the "Undo" history, certainly, but closing as well as reopening Opera doesn't remove it and then it’s no longer required for that.

It is type of cache! If it's storing momentary files which is removed when you remove cache afterward it IS cache But in any case it must be stored within "cache", not "profile". I stock up my cache on top of a ramdisk to formulate Opera faster but it at rest saves a lot of images on slower hard disk. It is storing each image I have opened. Regardless of the size of the file. Just to illustrate a thumbnail no larger than around 200x200 otherwise favicon 16x16?!? This is ailing and I am thinking to report this problem.

This is not the problem in my case. I think that the installation of the Opera browser in your computer is corrupted and so you are getting that issue. If none of the possible solution helps you then you can simply uninstall the existing one from your computer and install it again. There are more chances that this will resolve the problem that you are facing. I wish that reinstalling the browser will help you.