Thread: How to modify icloud mail address

How to modify icloud mail address

I wanted to make a new email address for my new Apple ID account because I forgot my previous password for the Apple ID and cannot receive my verification email. After having this new Apple ID and password my iPhone wont connect to this new ID and it will still show me the old Apple ID. Can anyone tell me how do I change it so that my new Apple ID shows when I wish to download anything? Thanks

Re: How to modify icloud mail address

You have to go to appleid.apple.com and then click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. After that press Edit next to primary email account and then press Edit and then change it back to your old email address and save the settings. Now try to edit the name of the account to change it back to your old email address. After this you need to use your current password to turn off Find my iPhone on your device. Now go to Settings > iCloud and then click Delete Account and choose Delete from My iDevice when it asks you. Now go to appleid.apple.com and change your primary email address and iCloud ID name back to the way it was.

Re: How to modify icloud mail address

To change your Apple ID, follow these steps:
    1. Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com), click "Manage your Apple ID", and sign in.
    2. If you have two-step verification turned on, you'll be asked to send a verification code to the trusted device associated with your Apple ID. If you are unable to receive messages at your trusted device, follow the guidelines for what to do if you can't sign in with two-step verification.
    3. In the "Apple ID and Primary Email Address section," click Edit.
    4. Enter the email address you want to use, then click Save Changes. Apple will send a verification email to that address.
    5. Open the email from Apple, then click Verify Now in the email.
    6. When the My Apple ID page opens, sign in with your renamed Apple ID.
    7. If you have two-step verification turned on, you'll be asked to send a verification code to the trusted device associated with your Apple ID.

More information is given on this official page of Apple - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5621?viewlocale=en_US

I was also having this similar problem and I resolved it by going to Settings > iCloud. You can see at the bottom side that there is an option to Delete Account. After selecting it, your connection with your device and the iCloud setup for that email will break. Just Delete account and then go back into Settings > iCloud. Here you will asked to enter a new information and thus you can solve your issue now.