Thread: Help with setting up IIS7 for PHP

Help with setting up IIS7 for PHP

Hey , friends recently my college have just imposed a new subject in our book , it was php that they introduced and know as there are no friends who are using php I have no help for this installation so I turned up to you guys for the same . I read about the various versions of the php that are available on the internet. But I guess none of them worked as I have tried them already. Can someone please suggest me the steps and requirements that I need to consider while I am installing it?

Re: Help with setting up IIS7 for PHP

Firstly I would recommend you to formats the whole drive in which the you have previously installed it I would suggest you to format that drive as un-install would still leave some traces that would be difficult to rectify once it is installed. Because it there are still some file that are left after the complete un-installation of it. SO I hope you consider my fact before installing it on your system again.

Hey mate, you can find the installation guide on the official site of the php and for the installation of the IIS you can refer the Microsoft site , for accurate and working steps , I have personally have been following that and since there is not any problem that I have received yet, I would also recommended you to download the stable releases as these release are the best to start with when you are a fresher .but the original problem start after the installation procedure is over and it the time to configure .

Hey friends I have just installed it as you have said it and for the some reason s I could not install it properly , but over all I think the installation concluded properly without any error ‘s there are many other friends that are still struggling with it. So I guess I am a lucky one to get a step ahead. But know I have no idea how to set the request URL and other fields that it keeps on asking me about . SO can anyone tell me about it

The primary item you require to do is have precise accounts, permissions situate for the Web Server and Web Sites.You then need to append IUSR,IIS_USERS to the IIS Server Root with read, execute, list permissions. After that you necessitate to include IUSR,IIS_USERS to the Application Pool directory with read, execute,l ist permissions.And the same continues with the Application pool directories and the C:\windows \temp folder \..... directory.atlast you need to put the same settings in the php .install folder and with this you installation get over.following that you make the above changes by restart the web server.

To facilitate that it seems to looks like a first-class discussion group, though while trying to append a component mapping I cannot appear to establish a php-cgi.exe file for the executable field I already contain a php.exe except that the IIS didn't like that at what time I tried to adjoin it. Owing to it being PHP 4 I have php4ts.dll in the executable ground previous to this, but this does not appear to work also. Do you boast some idea on what's mistaken I have made ? might that be my PHP installation?

I think that was a problem that was done by you while you were trying to add –module to this, so I guess you did not did the module mapping properly here is a guide for that, select cgimodule for php4 and the write done the directory path name where your php is installed .then use the default .php file with the php.ini first then enable extension. And then create a php into page just to double check the php settings that you have made.

I have tried all the method and the suggestion that you guys gave me but , none of them worked for me I guess I would never be able to fix this on my own I never felt such useless before I my life I think now. Regrettably at a standstill getting the HTTP error when annoying to find the way to a php page’s never but however thanks for the time and the support you guys gave me when I was solving my errors .Thanks again for your time!