Thread: Opera browser carry on downloading YouTube videos even closing their respective tab.

Opera browser carry on downloading YouTube videos even closing their respective tab.

I’ll say the title implies the whole thing, as still let me tell this in the brief, i am using the opera browser and in that I use to watch the videos on the youtube and after that download them from there only. But sometimes it happens like even though I close their respective tabs, the downloading continuously carry on, and because of that only, the whole bandwidth gets utilized through that, and I didn’t access other pages, as they appears very slow. Then what shall I do now to stop this unnecessary downloading. Thanks for any suggestion.

Re: Opera browser carry on downloading YouTube videos even closing their respective tab.

It seems you’re using the 11.11 version, if yes then I would say this is the basic bug that we all had experienced while using these, thus with no other option you have to uninstall the browser, and instead of that you can use the latest version of the same, they have fix this very well known bug in their next version that’s 11.50 beta, so you can try that, or you may have too many options, like don’t use that browser, rather use another one.

Re: Opera browser carry on downloading YouTube videos even closing their respective tab.

Yeah I also has seen the same error while I was downloading, and even after closing the tabs it carries on. In fact I would say this is not only for the youtube but all other pages also that contains any such flash videos in their websites. But happily I can say that I have found the way to stop this issue, as I would suggest you the same, I hope this would work with you also. See you have to delete all the cache from the memory in order to stop downloading.

Well. This is not a bug, I would say this is the feature that contains in the all browser, and if you download the videos then you can off course stop them, as if suppose it is downloading any files you can simply stop them, you can have the option for doing these. In the menu bar you will get the option called downloads, the process would be there only, so you can cancel it from there. And if suppose it is downloading it by default without your permission, then you can make a setting through the options tab, you can restrict such a websites, for performing any such action.

Hey guys thanks for your kind attention, but i have to say this very sadly that I have tried disabling the cache also, but it couldn’t help me anyhow, and then I have tried to install the latest version also, but it was also unable to do the same, I know this doesn’t happens with other browsers like the internet explorer or the firefox, I want to ask you like it is the only option remain that can I try? Then what about the bookmarks and the saved pages? Can we import them to another one?

This is very awful I know and we can’t do anything, thus to make it secure I would say you should try another browser only, and you have said it correct like this kind of problems generally not happened with Mozilla, and in fact no other browser. Thus you should use that only, and along with that I would recommend you that you can download the separate software for downloading. Thus whenever you want to stop you can do that, they have the resuming capability also.