Thread: Unable install Opera 11.11 Profile to Program Files

Unable install Opera 11.11 Profile to Program Files

I have now format and partitioned my hard drive from a FAT32 to a NTFS and upgrade the version of my windows from service pack 2 to service pack 3, and I was installing the opera browser in that, I have the copy of that in the RAR file, in including all the profiles and the settings, and the browser get installed without any fail, and I always drag and drop the Profile directory and additionally anything else is required, but this time don’t know the browser that I have installed won't recognize it. Don’t why this is happening, is there anyone having the same glitch as mine?

Re: Unable install Opera 11.11 Profile to Program Files

Hey I might be possible that the folder that contains all the files and the profiles folders, that’s might have been corrupted. You should check whether it is working perfectly or not, or it might be happens like whenever we installed the new one, it will restructure the directory APPDATA\Opera\Opera\profile\ with fresh profile files, thus at the same time I would say rename the restructured profile directory to APPDATA\Opera\OperaNew\profile\. After that open the file called opera6.ini, in that you must have to edit all the directories, I mean to say replace the name as Operanew. This will create your older profile directory to initial yet again.

According to me you should use the portable such as USB or the unconnected installation option for that, I suppose that the classic installer doesn't survive any longer. I think as you use the installer that I have mentioned in that you’ll find some option for importing this files and the setting, you’ll find the option at the bottom left, I am little bit unsure about this, as you have installed the new windows.

See have install the same version of the browser as the earlier one? Because it is too important that whenever me made any setting in the particular browser or make any profile in the browser, then it only would effective with the same version, even though you install the new one. Thus make sure that you have installed the same version, if there would be any change then off course you’ll not able to use those existing profiles and hence with no other option you have to create a new one.

I would say why you want to use the existing one, as you can create the new one in just couple of seconds, and if you are concerning about the settings that you can also made in some minutes, that’s not the big deal I would say, because as you are just bothering about this, and wasting the time for just finding how to import those settings, in the same time you can create the new one.

As the extent to I know about the opera, wherever you install it, it request you whether you wish for to install for individual users or not, at the time of installation only, and as it seems you are installing the different version than the one in that you have made those profiles and the settings for the respective profiles. Thus according to me you have to just make some changes in the .ini files and simply change the directory, I hope this would work.

Have you put those folders in perfect directory or not? Because as far as I know it generally goes in this directory like APPDATA\Opera\Opera\profile\. And after that you have to put the folder in this directory, thus I would recommend you that make sure that you have putted the folders in the specified directory and then try to import them.