Thread: IIS 6.0 and PHP are throwing HTTP 401 errors

IIS 6.0 and PHP are throwing HTTP 401 errors

I am have installed IIS 6.0 on the system of mine. Well I have noticed that IIS 6.0 and PHP is throwing the HTTP 401 errors. I am unable to figure out why this particular issue is occurring on the web server of mine. Any help in this particular situation would be highly appreciated. I am waiting for the prompt replies on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: IIS 6.0 and PHP are throwing HTTP 401 errors

Well looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I wanted to confirm following details which would be useful to get the requirement of yours. i wanted to know which version of PHP do you using? Do you getting any issue with the ASP or APS.net pages? Let me know from when you are getting the above mentioned error? Also post the error log which you are getting? So answer the above mentioned question as early as possible so that I can let you know about the possible solution to fix the matter.

I am highly suspecting that there is a permission issue is causing the error which you have mentioned over here in this particular thread. Well I recommend that you should simply visit the folder where the PHP script has been located. So you should move to that particular folder and you have change the permission appropriately and see whether the thing is working or not. So try the same and let me know whether it working or not.

I wanted to know whether there is a virtual directory which is referencing the to the network a UNC path? If your answer is yes then I let you know that you need to provide the essential credential to get the access on that particular path. Also you have to see that the application pool identity is having the access path. So you have to work around on the thing which I have mentioned over here and I am hoping that it would be useful to fix the matter of yours.

I am having a particular solution which you can try to fix the matter of yours and see whether it is working or not. On each and every server you need to add a custom HTTP header so you will be able to know which sever is the generating the error which you have mentioned over here in this particular thread. You can do the thing into the IIS manager . so you should try the same and let me know whether you are able to figure out the problem of not.

Mostly this particular problem might be occurring due to entering the wrong name or user password. Well I recommend that you have to figure out the user who have entered wrong credentials and make the changes on the same. Also it could be possible that the client browser and IIS would not be agree on the authentication protocol. So you should take care of the above mentioned to solve the matter of yours.