Thread: Need to know about WebGL in Google Chrome

Need to know about WebGL in Google Chrome

Hi friends I am using Google chrome which is a good browser as compared to others. I am using this browser from past 2 years and I didn’t face any problems at all. There were no errors no bud in this browser. But now-a-days I have heard that a technology called as WebGL is being launched for this chrome. I don’t have any idea what this technology used for and how will it be more effective.

Re: Need to know about WebGL in Google Chrome

WebGL is a latest technology that offers hardware acceleration of 3D graphics in the browser. WebGL with Chrome, you be able to enjoy rich 3D familiarity right into the browser without additional software. But it requires a browser that supports WebGL and Chrome and Windows Vista / Mac OS X 10.6 or higher to help ensure that your PC has updated graphics drivers. For those of you who may have the hardware limitations. For more information, visit the blog of Chrome.

I have heard many complaints that WebGL is supported in Chrome Cr-48. As you can read the earlier posts that if you want WebGL to work in your system, you must have an up-to-date graphics driver or else it won’t be able to work. Thus in your case I think the Cr-48 is not much powerful so it is obvious that WebGL will run slow. If you still have any doubts you can confirm here or you can tell me.

Well best wishes to all the people on the 9.0 version of Chrome. The WebGL-application is much more constant than the latest version. Now the development is done quickly and successfully. I am having CR-48 graphics hardware does not cut it for WebGL going to have to run on the CPU. It would be nice to see a Tegra chip in successive models of Cr-48 test. You can try this if you have any doubts.

WebGL Linux is fully compatible with Nvidia cards. This is because only Nvidia offers reliable support for Linux. AMD and Intel have functional drivers, but the lack of support OpenGL. I have dual monitor system with Ubuntu 10.04 and NVIDIA card with two X servers separately for each monitor is working fine. You can try this with your system and I hope this really works as it is a good technology.

Well buddy I don’t have any idea about this but even I have heard about WebGL a lot. People are saying that it is a good application but the only thing which is hurting me is that it required good and updated drivers which even I am lacking. Thus if you have queries than you can ask your friends or someone who knows about this thing. You can also post your query on Chrome’s website and they will reply you soon.