Thread: IDM beta crashing Google Chrome

IDM beta crashing Google Chrome

Hi I have Internet Download Manager installed in my computer. I usually use it for downloading. Recently I am facing problems regarding crash issue in chrome. I am facing this problem every time whenever I download any file. Please tell me what is the problem and why it is occurring. I have a antivirus software installed in my computer. If there is a virus problem then what should I do? Please let me know the actual problem. Thanks in advance.

re: IDM beta crashing Google Chrome

Looking into the following given matter. We will definitely let you know the solution for it. The main reason of causing Google Chrome crashing is Old version of Internet Download Manager. You have to always keep your system up-to-date to avail latest features. To resolve the crash due to this reason, you need to update IDM v6.03 beta, or by disabling the ‘Advanced Browser Integration’ option within IDM by going to Options >> General. After that close all the applications and restart the computer. After computer restart try opening the chrome browser and then you will not get the problem.

There are also possibilities of the crash can be incompatibility of Google Chrome with much software to solve it. You can try solving it by disabling the software or try getting an updated and latest version of it to see if this resolves the issue. Different software which have been identified so far being incompatible to Google Chrome are out-dated versions of iS3 anti-spyware (STOPzilla), NVIDIA Network Access Manager, NVIDIA nTune,NOD32 version 2.7, Hide My IP, Venturi Firewall, out-dated versions of Win Mount and PPLive. There have been incompatibility issues causing crashes reported with NVIDIA Desktop Explorer caused by the nvshell.dll library. You can try to resolve this by removing nvshell.dll. After trying it out it will solve the problem.

Another problem causing for the crash is the user profile of your browser being corrupted. You can fix this problem by creating a new user profile, and to replace the corrupt one follow the steps below.
    1. Completely exit from Google Chrome
    2. Go to the Start menu > Run.
    3. Type in either of the following directories in the text field and press OK.
    Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data
    Windows 7 or Windows Vista: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data
    4. Rename the folder called "Default" in the directory window to "Backup default."
    Open the Google Chrome again which will create a new "Default" folder automatically, which should resolve the problem.