Thread: Can I set iGoogle and chrome apps together in chrome

Can I set iGoogle and chrome apps together in chrome

Just few days ago I have purchased Google Chromebook for me. I am enjoying the cloud computing experience using this Chromebook. I have set up iGoogle as my homepage. Then I have set several tabs as my favorites including some of my regular news feeds, then some having the eBay search. What I am looking for is I want to have iGoogle and chrome apps both at one place. Currently I have to open a separate tab for chrome apps. So help in doing the same.

Re: Can I set iGoogle and chrome apps together in chrome

I also bought a Google Chromebook and I am using its feature to know more on that. I am looking for all possible things which I could learn. Even I have set iGoogle as my home page. First I also use to open chrome apps in other tab. Then I found more in browser to get the thing I wanted. At last I got that in order to use chrome apps, we can access it by clicking + in iGoogle page. Thus you will find the apps section and probably access it.

Well in order to set iGoogle as well as chrome apps both at once you need to do some settings for it. Definitely when you will do the settings which I am going to tell you, then you will get the thing you required. Just go to chrome://settings/browser and there you have to set up your required tabs. As you set these tab settings, then select use current pages. Then just restart the browser and you will get the thing you want on your browser.

Well you have to pin iGoogle so that you can set both iGoogle and chrome all together. First of all observe that when you boot with your Chromebook then which page it opens. If you find that it is opening some other page than iGoogle, then you have to pin iGoogle. So open a tab and then right click on it, after this click on pin tab and thus make iGoogle as your main home page. Try for it and let me know whether it was useful or not.

The thing you want is possible because you are using iGoogle and it has a ability to customize according to the way you want. You can have a search box or apps at this page. Well these apps would provide you some information or would alert you regarding any updates. So just look for the options on the iGoogle homepage which you have set on your browser and select the application which you want to be appeared in iGoogle page.

I know it is much beneficial to have all the content you want in a single page. If we don’t use iGoogle then we have to use many tabs and then accordingly in order to access some particular information we have to switch to that tab. But iGoogle made it easy by providing all we need together in a single tab, thus reducing multiple tabs from our browser. All this you can do by going to settings icon which is located on the top right of the page

I would end thus conversation by giving you people a lots of thanks. You provided me enough information about iGoogle and how to use it, as well as provided me the solution for my query. Before I was not knowing that I will get many responses regarding my query. But today I find many replies to it. I have tried these solutions and now I am enjoying more using my Chromebook and also got rid of using many tabs for particular information.