Thread: Google Maps won’t work on Safari

Google Maps won’t work on Safari

Hey guys, please help me. My issue with the Safari web browser which is running in my Mac system is getting worst day by day. Yesterday, all of a sudden, from nowhere Google Maps stopped working on my Safari browser which is installed in my system. Whenever I am trying to access Google Maps, the only thing I am seeing is the following message: “Still Loading….” Other then this issue my system seems to be working smoothly, with any glimpse of issue. Does anyone have got suggestions to solve the issue?

Re: Google Maps won’t work on Safari

It seems to be Internet issue to me. Any web page won’t stop responding, unless something went wrong with the website or the browser from which you are trying to access the webpage. You should also try to reset/restore your Safari browser to its default instance inorder to solve the issue. I am not sure whether this would actually help you but according to me they are definitely worth a try. So restore your browser and see what is the status about the issue.

Following are the steps which you need to follow, inorder to restore your Safari web browser from within itself.
    1. Start the Safari web browser.
    2. On the main menu of Safari, click on the Edit option. This will be located on the top portion of your browser window.
    3. Now select the Reset Safari option from the visible drop-down menu list.
    4. Select the checkboxes which you wish to reset
    5. Finally click on Reset button to complete the process.
    6. The Safari browser will restart automatically.

The problem which you are facing can be solved by deleting the application’s preferences file. You can find the Preferences list (plist) of Safari under your user folder. Before removing the plist of Safari, make sure that you have closed all the instance of Safari. Go to your user folder and then to the ~/Library/Preferences/, where ~ is your home folder. Search for the following file 'com.apple.Safari.plist'. Once you find this, delete it. Now relaunch the application and check out whether the problem is solved or not.

Thank you all for those lovely replies. It was very kind of you people to reply so quickly to my thread. I checked out my internet connection and it is working perfectly fine like ever. Thank for giving the detailed steps to reset the Safari browser and how to delete the preferences, but unfortunately the problem did not eradicate even after performing both the suggestions. I am still stuck, where I was before doing the suggestions you guys said me to do. But still, I appreciate your time and efforts. So, anyone else with any other suggestions, please feel free to post them.

The problem which you are facing can also be caused because of the Antivirus program which you have installed in your system. Many people have faced this issue of Antivirus or any other security suites blocking access to certain websites. So if you have got any in your system, then I would suggest you to disable the antivirus for a while and check whether you are still facing the problem or not. They do this for security purpose.

It seems like many users are facing the same kind of issue while using Safari browser. I also had the same issue of not able to view Google Maps in Safari. After visiting many forums, I came across one solution which luckily worked for me well and solved my problem completely. What I did was just disabled all the Safari extensions which were visible in the Preferences section of the browser. So, I would definitely suggest you to try out the same.