Thread: Safari forgets cookie settings after restarting the system.

Safari forgets cookie settings after restarting the system.

Lately I have started facing many issues with Safari web browser installed in my Mac OSX running MacBook Pro laptop. I did the following setting for cookies under Preferences -> Security -> Accept Cookies to permanently be "Only from sites I visit". The setting was remembered by the system for the entire session, but after shutdown or restart of my Mac system, I see that all the settings are undone, or are rolled back to the earlier settings. What might be the issue with my Safari? Please help.

Re: Safari forgets cookie settings after restarting the system.

I am not sure whether the following trick will work to solve your issue or not, but I have read about this procedure at many websites to solve issues related to the Safari web browser.I would suggest you to reset your Safari Settings to its default setting. What you need to do is trash the Safari plist file. You can find the Safari plist file under ~/Library/Preferences/. Make sure that you are also trashing the associated caches.db file. Performing this will reset the Safari.

According to me you are facing this issue because of some kind of compatibility issue between the Safari and some another application which you have installed in your system. So first off all make sure that any such incompatibility issue is removed. Secondly make sure that you have kept your Safari website updated to the latest available version of the same on Internet. Uninstall and reinstall the Safari from your system and check out, whether the problem still exists of not.

Dude, similar type of problem is occurring along with many other Safari web browsers in Mac OSX running system. And the most common solution which I had come across regarding to solve the issue is to delete the following twp plist files from your system. Make sure that you have kept your Safari browser closed, when you are trashing the plist files:
    • Home/Library/Preferences/com.apple.WebFoundation.plist
    • Home/Library/Cookies/Cookies.plist

I would suggest you to search for few application on Internet for your Mac OSX system which would help you to fix the issue which is bothering you from such a long time. I have searched for one such application which can prove to be very helpful to you in order to solve your problem regarding the changing Safari settings once you end the session and restart your system. What you need to do is search for the app called “Safari Cookies’ to fix your issue.

Changing settings of Safari after performing restart seems to be a very common problem in recent times. I also faced the issue and luckily it got solved. For me the problem was occurring because of my login account. Some app got updated by itself and started causing the issue with the system. But it got fixed once I updated the Safari which is installed in my system. So make sure that you have updated your system along with the Safari webbrowser installed in your system.

The main culprit for the problem in my case was the iGTasksPro app which I was using for Gmail Calendar. After lots of research I realized that the iGTasksPro was changing the cookie settings. For time being, inorder to solve the issue I have disabled the iGTasksPro app. I even notified both the Safari and Google officials about the issue and am just hoping to get the issue fixed as soon as possible in the next coming updates.